Why is spear primal burst a worse flaming flurry?

Lonecap.4105

Just wondering. The core version is decent and has an evade built in. And then the primal burst is... flaming flurry? But in-fact worse because it doesn't block projectiles? This really confused me and took the wind out of my sails.

25 minutes ago, Lonecap.4105 said:

Just wondering. The core version is decent and has an evade built in. And then the primal burst is... flaming flurry? But in-fact worse because it doesn't block projectiles? This really confused me and took the wind out of my sails.

Looks more like a 5s CD warrior version of Ranger's Rapid Fire. Odds are it could be hella strong in practice.

funny how warrior's special burst skill look exactly or worse than other classes' normal spear weapon skill

while other classes get those ultimates that look way over the up over flashy that don't look like they belong to gw2.

Edited by Lighter.5631

funny is that it's the only primal burst that's actually different from core burst

all skills are similar, flurry is multi hit, flame is multi hit

probably to standardize the adrenaline, or whatever goal is.

when ele fire 2 looks more primal berserker burst than that fire ball throwing skill

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Looks more like a 5s CD warrior version of Ranger's Rapid Fire. Odds are it could be hella strong in practice.

I mean rapid fire just a bread and butter weapon skill, I'd be less bothered by this skill if it just existed on the bar. Plus rapid is 10 shots instead of 7 (less delay between shots, harder to avoid), and 1500 range versus 900 range. It also seems to use flaming flurrys animation rig, rather than rapid fires, although I can't be sure, and flaming flurry has notoriously bad tracking on moving targets.

26 minutes ago, Lonecap.4105 said:

I mean rapid fire just a bread and butter weapon skill, I'd be less bothered by this skill if it just existed on the bar. Plus rapid is 10 shots instead of 7 (less delay between shots, harder to avoid), and 1500 range versus 900 range. It also seems to use flaming flurrys animation rig, rather than rapid fires, although I can't be sure, and flaming flurry has notoriously bad tracking on moving targets.

Spear 5 seems more like a burst skill honestly, but even that could use extra flare, like AOE explosions when the spears land.

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Live stream.

I watched it, I don’t think it looks bad. Skills look smooth, damage looks decent compared to the other spears but idk how they’re structuring it, I could see it being a good kit. My first though is it’s missing a might gen (maybe the AA), and maybe movement during harriers toss, but the 5 skill looks good (assuming it is non projectile). This is all from a small scale PvP view ofc. Pair it with dagger/shield or GS and I can see it being a good kit. They said damage remains the same at all distances so not too concerned about that. I’m looking forward to it 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, oscuro.9720 said:

I watched it, I don’t think it looks bad. Skills look smooth, damage looks decent compared to the other spears but idk how they’re structuring it, I could see it being a good kit. My first though is it’s missing a might gen (maybe the AA), and maybe movement during harriers toss, but the 5 skill looks good (assuming it is non projectile). This is all from a small scale PvP view ofc. Pair it with dagger/shield or GS and I can see it being a good kit. They said damage remains the same at all distances so not too concerned about that. I’m looking forward to it 🤷‍♂️

Its a spear, it will generate might gen on crit 100% of the time with Forceful Greatsword traited. They probably did not put innate might generation on it because of that. There are also two CCs in the kit that will pump more might via Aggressive Onslaught. The evades will be good, if the ranged damage is good, then it will get taken. There are at least two non-projectile skills there to work around projectile hate as well.

I wish it were flashier to be honest considering how much the art team went all out elsewhere on the other specs.