Account-Wide Swim Boost Tooltip needs update

Posted (edited)
On 7/2/2024 at 4:38 PM, Bizgurk.5639 said:

- without any infusion I swam that distance within 1:23
- with the original +15 infusion I swam that distance within 1:12
- with the Account Swim-Speed +20 upgrade I swam that distance in 1:09

If this is an account-wide boost, shouldn't all of your characters be swimming as though they have that +20 upgrade, not just the one with the +20 infusion in their breather?   
I can see needing a lower level infusion in a breather and after buying the Account Swim-Speed +20 upgrade then all lower level infusions on other characters act like a +20, but from your tests is sounds like that's not what is happening right now. 

Edited by DoctorOverlord.8620
  • Confused 1

• Ashantara.8731 changed the title to Account-Wide Swim Boost Tooltip needs update
5 hours ago, DoctorOverlord.8620 said:

If this is an account-wide boost, shouldn't all of your characters be swimming as though they have that +20 upgrade

It's not exactly an account-wide boost, but rather an account-wide upgrade to all your so called Account Infusions, though there is currently only one type:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Account_Swim-Speed_Infusion

The other type of infusions aren't affected by those upgrades.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Bizgurk.5639 said:

It's not exactly an account-wide boost, but rather an account-wide upgrade to all your so called Account Infusions, though there is currently only one type:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Account_Swim-Speed_Infusion

The other type of infusions aren't affected by those upgrades.

Okay, so from your tests:  
This was with a basic +15 Swim Speed Infusion (Not an Account Swim Speed Infusion)

This is the speed one of your characters with a first level Account Swim Speed Infusion (+15) would have?

Is there any other infusion in the game that works like this or is this an entirely new mechanic?  If so, ArenaNet really needed to do a better job explaining this in-game.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, DoctorOverlord.8620 said:

Okay, so from your tests:  
This was with a basic +15 Swim Speed Infusion (Not an Account Swim Speed Infusion)

This is the speed one of your characters with the first level Account Swim Speed Infusion (+15) would have?

Is there any other infusion in the game that works like this or is this an entirely new mechanic?  ArenaNet really needed to do a better job explaining this in-game.

Yes to both questions. And I agree with you. The description is quite misleading.
Perhaps its some sort of preliminary testing for something similar in terms of agony resistance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Bizgurk.5639 said:

Yes to both questions. And I agree with you. The description is quite misleading.
Perhaps its some sort of preliminary testing for something similar in terms of agony resistance.

Thank for clearing it up! 
The base Account Swim Speed Infusion tooltip really should say something more like  "Increases swim speed15% or equal to the highest Account Swim-Speed infusion on your account" 
Is there any other infusion in the game that works like this or is this an entirely new mechanic?   It does seem like something that might be applied to agony resistance infusions. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I have the same exact problem.

This was the first time I ever used an Upgrade Extractor; to salvage the +20 (normal) Swim Speed Infusion from my main character's swimming headgear.  It worked more-or-less dandy.  It pulled out the +20 Infusion from my Ascended headgear, but killed the Exotic upgrade.  It was NOT clear during the process which one was going to be saved (if not both), and I was biting off my fingernails before I finally clicked "Go".  Fortunately, the hard-to-get Swimming Infusion was saved.  I can always buy a new Exotic Upgrade.

With my +20 (normal) Infusion now freed up, I bought the Account Wide +20 Booster.  It didn't put anything new in my Inventory, which unnerved me.  I proceeded to add the +15 ACCOUNT Infusion to my character's swimming headgear, but the Tooltip still reads +15.  The sales NPC no longer shows the +20 Account Infusion available, so I guess that's one way of "knowing" I already purchased it.  But it sure would be nice if it said so someplace on my character's Hero Panel.

I went back and screen captured the text in my chat that read account swim-speed infusion's speed increase raised, though I'm not sure if that appeared when I bought the +20 Account Booster or when I applied the +15 Account Infusion.

I slowly outrun fish, but I would appreciate something that indicates I didn't put in all that work for nothing.  I kind of want to work on +25%, but not if I am uncertain whether or not it is actually doing anything.  Heck, right now I'm even afraid to buy Account Infusions for the rest of my characters unless I'm sure it is working properly.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hamfast.8719 said:

This was the first time I ever used an Upgrade Extractor; to salvage the +20 (normal) Swim Speed Infusion from my main character's swimming headgear.  It worked more-or-less dandy.  It pulled out the +20 Infusion from my Ascended headgear, but killed the Exotic upgrade.  It was NOT clear during the process which one was going to be saved (if not both), and I was biting off my fingernails before I finally clicked "Go".  Fortunately, the hard-to-get Swimming Infusion was saved.  I can always buy a new Exotic Upgrade.

Two things:

1- https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infusion_Extraction_Device

2- "the extraction window incorrectly states that it "[s]eparates one upgrade component..."" https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Upgrade_Extractor

• 3 weeks later...

Has this been fixed- how / where can i see if the +20 Acct wide boost is applied

i bought a +20 from TP  for 850 gold - used it + 30 ecto to buy the +20 Acct wide from the vendor- didn't get an item - but some word in chat box saying i have a boost. then i finished the quest got the RED +15 boost, equipped it - nothing has changed.  If i have the +15 red boost on 1 character and remove blue boosts of the others- they swim as if they have no boost on? . At this rate - i just want my 850 gold back.

8 hours ago, Hera.6471 said:

got the RED +15 boost, equipped it - nothing has changed.

Since you bought the upgrade, the red +15 is now treated as +20

8 hours ago, Hera.6471 said:

If i have the +15 red boost on 1 character and remove blue boosts of the others- they swim as if they have no boost on?

No, they don't. Just removing the blue infusion won't do anything. Buy another red +15 for each of those characters and equip it.