Wait wait wait; Firebrands get auto recharging mantras in PvE now but not Mesmers?

Ravenwulfe.5360

I know i might stand alone here, but does that mean the mantra channel animation is completely gone from firebrand now? Stripping away beautifully crafted skill effects is something i really don't like.

21 minutes ago, Markus.6415 said:

I know i might stand alone here, but does that mean the mantra channel animation is completely gone from firebrand now? Stripping away beautifully crafted skill effects is something i really don't like.

In PvE, it would seem so. WvW and PvP they still need to charge it manually, with animation intact.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

At least in PvE. Heck, in PvE it might even stand to be lower.

I would already be happy if it went below 2s in WvW/PvP because it's overly easy to interrupt with how long it is currently. Even the Signet of Humility is only 1s.

On 6/26/2024 at 5:01 AM, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

Ok I just read the patch notes. Firebrands are now getting auto recharging mantras in PvE. Ok, what about Mesmers? Am I reading into this wrong or something?

No you are reading it right.

Anet loves the guard, and much more so than mesmer. It has been since day 1 of balance history. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 8/13/2024 at 7:30 AM, Kulvar.1239 said:

I would already be happy if it went below 2s in WvW/PvP because it's overly easy to interrupt with how long it is currently. Even the Signet of Humility is only 1s.

I found Mass invisibility (with https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Prismatic_Understanding ) is pretty useful if you play with more than 2 mantra to charge them or just use distortion if you play with only 1-2 mantra.

Also reading all the post i need to point out that Mesmer mantra are group support skill not solo support skill so technically you have allies to support you (and give you quickness) while you charge the mantra, people using Mesmer mantra while alone are masochist.

• Confused 4

5 hours ago, raido.4073 said:

I found Mass invisibility (with https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Prismatic_Understanding ) is pretty useful if you play with more than 2 mantra to charge them or just use distortion if you play with only 1-2 mantra.

Also reading all the post i need to point out that Mesmer mantra are group support skill not solo support skill so technically you have allies to support you (and give you quickness) while you charge the mantra, people using Mesmer mantra while alone are masochist.

That's not how they're used half of the time.
If it's truly the issue, then lower the charge time, make them "self only", and update Inspiration traitline to make mantras effect more players then.

• Confused 1

Gotta love Mes mains fixate whining about another kitten spec finally getting QoL, instead of actually focusing on the "We need QoL too" part.
Chrono is alrdy the best heal spec in the game due to its flexibility, not to mention how easy to learn, while bad FBs neither heal nor boon, when a bad Chrono can at least camp rifle and heal somewhat (did I mention how busted Warri Staff and Mes Rifle are as Heal weps?).
Chrono was literally the meta since HoT up until PoF, never became kitten tier, and its been back to god status since June patch 2023, right before SotO release.
Its not Anet's fault most of you are bad at Mesmer and never realized Alac got moved off Wells, nor why you STILL keep running HB in Fractal CMs even tho its been stagnating and just kitten to play when Vomit/NPNG instab is up, whereas Chrono has no such weaknesses.

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 4

• 2 weeks later...