Instead of turning into a bee, shouldn't players use their Jade Bots to explore Homestead? [Merged]

7 minutes ago, kiroho.4738 said:

Homesteads has nothing to do with SAB.

You mix up the new bee with SAB's bee-dog.

3 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yes but why sab bee was injected into the converstaion was that a bee was somehow not lore friendly while jade bot is.

And it was then proven incorrect and even base game lore compared to jade bot that need a specific expansion.

That's because I mixed up the new bee with the SAB bee-dog, like kiroho said.  It looked a lot like it in the brief scene I saw it in.  That was my mistake.

My point still stands though, homestead shouldn't contain as a main feature something from another expansion.  (jade bot from EOD).  This is probably why they created a bee model instead of reusing the jade bot.

• Like 1

I think it's a great idea. I feel it would give more role to the bot instead of being just a gizmo used in Cantha. And also I feel using the bot to help me decorate the house, having more sense than transforming into a bee, that looks like a developer debug tool. At the end what matters is the use, but using our bots could provide a better presentation of the function.

For the players that haven't got EoD, I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult add a second way to obtain another bot in this expansion, like they did with the Skyscale mounts.

• Confused 1

Why does it have to be lore friendly? I think personally the creative minds behind this feature thought of the bee because, 1. It's cute, 2. Bees are workers, they build hives, your homestead is a kinda your hive, certainly when you can place up to 30 of your alts there. You simply turn into a bee to make decorating (hopefully) easier, which has nothing to do with the lore. A bee however makes more sense in a natural habitat where jade technology isn't known. And if you really struggle with the lore friendliness of it all, decorate your homestead with a Soulbeast (ranger), and pretend that the bee is the pet you become one with. 

I totally understand that you love your jadebot and that you'd like to see it being used more, but like others have said, it's a feature from another expansion, that mostly only makes sense lore wise in Cantha as you (officially) need jade batteries to charge it, which I haven't seen elsewhere in the world either. So even though jade bots are awesome, they kinda aren't as lore friendly outside of Cantha either. 

Edited by Mystflower.7319
  • Like 4