Can we please have a way to get account-wide 150 Agony Resistance?

5 minutes ago, Katary.7096 said:

The new sink that you suggested is finite though. Once players have maxed out their account agony resistance we go back to the current situation where +1 infusions have little value. A more effective approach would be to reduce the amount of +1 infusions that drop in fractals.

Its very effective at driving up the price of +1s/+9s on the TP, Ill give you that.

Its doing something it shouldn't be doing, making the AR gearing process even more annoying.
Regardless of how easy/hard it currently is, your idea will objectively make it harder for ppl to gear more toons with AR.
I fundamentally disagree with this take.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Katary.7096 said:

The new sink that you suggested is finite though. Once players have maxed out their account agony resistance we go back to the current situation where +1 infusions have little value. A more effective approach would be to reduce the amount of +1 infusions that drop in fractals.

All sinks are finite, this is a dump arguement. Ultimately you will never get everyone to max out account AR because this game population is a revolving door. Ultimately they need more things to spend agony infusion on. 

Also the playbase will spend money on dumb upgrades, look at swimming infusions.

• Confused 1

On 7/15/2024 at 7:59 AM, MercurialKuroSludge.8974 said:

Its very effective at driving up the price of +1s/+9s on the TP, Ill give you that.

Well, it is not difficult to figure out that something tends to get more valuable when there is less of it going around. And while I agree with Shadowmoon's concern that +1 infusions are consistently becoming more and more worthless, I can't deny that fractals are pretty lucrative content generally speaking and maybe +1 infusions shouldn't be worth all that much.

Its doing something it shouldn't be doing, making the AR gearing process even more annoying.

Annoying? I don't see how a drop in the supply of +1 infusions would make the AR gearing process more of a annoyance than it is right now. If you were to say that it makes it more expensive, that's something I can agree with. But then again, that was the point in the first place.

Regardless of how easy/hard it currently is, your idea will objectively make it harder for ppl to gear more toons with AR.

Yes, no doubt about it.

I fundamentally disagree with this take.

That is very much in line with your previous posts in this thread and therefore not surprising.

On 7/15/2024 at 11:27 PM, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

All sinks are finite, this is a dump arguement. Ultimately you will never get everyone to max out account AR because this game population is a revolving door. Ultimately they need more things to spend agony infusion on. 

Also the playbase will spend money on dumb upgrades, look at swimming infusions.

Yeah, I should have phrased it in a different way. Your suggestion would probably boost the price of agony infusions in the short term and likely bring it down even further, or at least not maintain it, in the medium to long term. Given that you want to raise the value of +1 infusions to make fractal content more rewarding, I wonder how you think that this would be a good idea.
Don't you expect that there will be a lot of overlap between the people who can't be asked to gear multiple builds/ characters with agony resistance right now and the people who can't be asked to level up your suggested account agony system? How many infusions would it take to get from 0 account AR to the 105 point cap anyway?

Since you brought up the swimspeed infusions: That is a good example of a system with a sink that is technically finite but might as well be infinite in practise. Theoretically there could be an account on which every character is equipped with a max level swimspeed infusion, but realistically noone will ever gather enough infusions to get to that point.

• Confused 2