I dont feel like a Warrior at all when using the spear.

EdgeBade.3749

I'm totally not feeling the class fantasy of a spear wielding warrior when trying it on the beta. The spear makes me feel more like a hunter or ranger tracking down wild prey rather than a hardened soldier or raging berserker. It also feels wierd that we are carrying an infinite amount of our supposedly unique weapons and having them shatter on impact because they are either explosive or made of breakaway glass. At least the bow animations have us pull an invisible arrow out of an imaginary quiver as opposed to a new spear just instantly popping into our hands in one frame. For me, it'd be nice if we at least got a melee animation when close like rangers did, even if the mechanics stayed the same, but as it is, the animations and concept just seem goofy. 😞

• Like 6

Ranger getting a melee animation skill while getting closer and not warrior while getting a better AoE while in mele.

This is just another proof that warrior wasn't made with love, and ranger always gets the better and most polished thing somehow.

Edited by Zekent.3652
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

To be perfectly far to ranger, i have the same issue with ranger axes. Why would anyone throw an axe or spear in melee range? Its just so upsetting that I waited 10+ years for warriors to use a spear on land and THIS is what we've waited for! This is my first time even posting on the gw2 forums, but I'm THAT upset! 😄

I guess they got half a paragon at least? The concept of infinite spears still doesnt make any sense and the fact that its a half-way done paragon without any shields doesnt make things better. I wouldve LOVED a 300 style spear warrior! 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

It's for the people wanting paragon, as in the class from Guild Wars 1. They are the ones being catered to with this weapon.

I wanted a spartan, Troy, 300 movie type of spear.

But honestly, I hope the paragon people are happy with it. If literally no one is happy with it, they need to redo it.

Agreed.

We wanted a paragon elite spec with support focus.

Not whatever the duck this abomination is.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

It's for the people wanting paragon, as in the class from Guild Wars 1. They are the ones being catered to with this weapon.

The people, who wanted to play a Paragon-inspired Warrior, wanted a properly ranged and supportive Warrior. Because that is what Paragon is/was in GW1.

This spear is neither properly ranged (because it's bad at range), nor is it supportive in any shape or form. Thus, we weren't catered to.

This abomination of a spear is literally just "You want something usable at range? There you go, we gave you something.".

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The ones that did it right with Paragon class ... are not the ones that are screwing our Warrior today!So not much to love on new modifications we are so getting used to from sometime...😭

• Like 3