How has the restructure changed your GW2 life?

How has the restructure changed your GW2 play time?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. How has your time in-game changed since the most recent update?

• I play more than I did before
    • Nothing changed
    • I play less
    • I basically quit
  2. 2. Do you prefer the new system or the old system?

• I prefer the new system
    • I prefer the old system

I feel it's made for a stagnant compressed wvw population. I am locked in with my alliance members and never have a chance to meet anyone outside it and no longer have any way to communicate with the ones we are linked with. (Used to be able to get in link's discord servers.)  I feel the days of getting up at 4am and running with some Koreans playing music I've never heard in their discord not understanding a word but having so much fun are gone forever. I will never meet anyone new again. I'm locked in with the same allies and enemies over and over forever and ever. I'm not married for a reason anet! Just very stale, stagnate, and sad and it's not going to get any better. The streamers that are caterered to aren't going to have much wvw population to roll over at the rate ppl are leaving.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, Laureh.2097 said:

I am locked in with my alliance members and never have a chance to meet anyone outside it and no longer have any way to communicate with the ones we are linked with. (Used to be able to get in link's discord servers.)  I feel the days of getting up at 4am and running with some Koreans playing music I've never heard in their discord not understanding a word but having so much fun are gone forever

Wait their discord? Well if other people had discords before WR that they advertised and you could join it’s a direct contradiction to your first claim unless everyone has suddenly gone and deleted their discord.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Wait their discord? Well if other people had discords before WR that they advertised and you could join it’s a direct contradiction to your first claim unless everyone has suddenly gone and deleted their discord.

Surely they cannot join their Korean guild if they can't speak Korean? If they can't join their guild there's no way to guarantee they can still play together with world restructuring, unless they can still transfer to the same team via support ticket or something.

I used to join quite a few random guild discord as well. The same happened to linked servers, too. I just can't play with them anymore unless I also transfer or get linked again next time.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, godfat.2604 said:

Surely they cannot join their Korean guild if they can't speak Korean? If they can't join their guild there's no way to guarantee they can still play together with world restructuring, unless they can still transfer to the same team via support ticket or something.

I used to join quite a few random guild discord as well. The same happened to linked servers, too. I just can't play with them anymore unless I also transfer or get linked again next time.

So if a guild on your team tags up public and advertise their guild discord so that the random zerglings can join you are saying you can’t join that and play with them… because…?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

So if a guild on your team tags up public and advertise their guild discord so that the random zerglings can join you are saying you can’t join that and play with them… because…?

For the next link or restructuring, not for the current one. I do enjoy if I can play with the same few guilds for a year for example.

This system is awful. I've completely stopped logging in and will not be spending another dime on this title. Gw2 is now irredeemable. My entire wvw guild of over 300 active has dried up to about 20 active since this change. They destroyed server pride/community.

Way to go Anet! As if the game wasn't already fading fast enough. Ohwell, I've always got the memories!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 7/13/2024 at 8:33 AM, Atoclone.4810 said:

i've found the complete opposite. back on gh with some of the links there was some right nasty folks (and some lovely) maybe you've some of my old lot. it does highlight that regardless of the grouping method there's some players that will pull more than their share of weight and create content and some that are just going to gripe

Genuinely glad you've been able to find good folks to play with this time around. The problem would be is, if by next match-up, you get thrown with some of your old folks XD
Which is part of the problem for me with this WR. There's no consistency for players when they've found something that works for them since the next match-up will simply overwrite that.
I was able to sidestep a lot of toxic bs for years playing WvW because of the server I lived in. And though that last sentence of yours may be correct everywhere in some shape or form, the server I had was really good about cooperation. This WR has removed my ability to have a team like that consistently.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Laureh.2097 said:

feel it's made for a stagnant compressed wvw population. I am locked in with my alliance members and never have a chance to meet anyone outside it and no longer have any way to communicate with the ones we are linked with. (Used to be able to get in link's discord servers.)  I feel the days of getting up at 4am and running with some Koreans playing music I've never heard in their discord not understanding a word but having so much fun are gone forever. I will never meet anyone new again. I'm locked in with the same allies and enemies over and over forever and ever. I'm not married for a reason anet! Just very stale, stagnate, and sad and it's not going to get any better. The streamers that are caterered to aren't going to have much wvw population to roll over at the rate ppl are leaving.

This is an interesting perspective.
I've found that there are people who like to stay with the same people, and others who like their teams getting changed frequently. To me, having it so they rebalance populations at set intervals and opening up servers (that aren't full/need the most people) during this rebalancing phase would allow players who want a different environment the ability to move.