Will we get a tent?

So, I like having alts, and to hear them being able to appear in your Homestead is quite a joy to hear. However, I then thought about having it appear as some kind of communal lot, with everyone else temporarily settling around the main building, and with that in mind, I came to ask myself: will there be a tent? Like a tent you would put in a camping spot along with many other things?

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

I didn't see one, and I paused the video to read all the decorations that showed up on the lists. 

But, I'm sure that's not all the decorations that will be available...at launch and subsequently. 

A Dev made a tower from different parts; someone may be able to make a tent from parts.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know about camping tents, but within guild hall decorations they do have various canopies. If they were to reintroduce these into the homestead decorations system, I would recommend the Elonian Tent. It's basically a giant wall of cloth for now. In the future, we will be able to tilt them into being a roof. The other canopies right now are too small, but with resizing they will be more versatile!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Those are hardly tents, though. Go to the Elon Riverlands to spot some actual tents: https://i.imgur.com/CsQFTyB.jpeg

I agree that the current selection of tents is lacking. We've had trouble placing large structures inside of the current Guild Hall system. It was a real big issue for things like placing fountains! Most big things at this time are just pieces that we can kind of fit together. I'm hoping that they open up the types of objects we can place now that we have 3D rotation, size scaling, and sliders for relocation. Tents should be a lot easier to work with, now that we can do more with objects.

Many of the factions in the game have their own style of tents! I'd love to see them as homestead decorations. Charr, human, norn, asuran, tengu, centaur, jotun, you name it. I'm always interested in fantasy looking appearances.

Edited by Quench.7091
  • Like 3

Would love to see different styles if tents for our homesteads but If it's limited, I think the ones near the first waypoint in Dragonfall that you can walk into would do nicely. Also, beds and bedrolls used as decoration for those. 

• Like 2