No pet should have a shorter cooldown on similar skills than actual players

Posted (edited)

Eh... 

Untamed Bubble you can make a good case for. You get it for free and they have the strongest pets in the game.

Jade Turtle Bubble... That thing is the size of a grape. good luck using it. Leave him be. 

Barrier signet... Mech has been nerfed enough. Plus that one takes up a utility slot and becomes a personal barrier with the bot gone.

Edited by Kuma.1503

On 7/9/2024 at 9:12 AM, Kuma.1503 said:

Eh... 

Untamed Bubble you can make a good case for. You get it for free and they have the strongest pets in the game.

Jade Turtle Bubble... That thing is the size of a grape. good luck using it. Leave him be. 

Barrier signet... Mech has been nerfed enough. Plus that one takes up a utility slot and becomes a personal barrier with the bot gone.

I hate the Untamed Bubble, not because its broken and annoying and you cant distinguish the ally one from the enemy one (a thing the started working on at one point but kittening forgot) , but because they kittened Defense field on scrapper but gave the same skill to ranger while moving, the fun bit is that they deemed the scrapper version broken op even though its the same thing . The kittening mental gymnastics on the design for this kitten. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

I hate the Untamed Bubble, not because its broken and annoying and you cant distinguish the ally one from the enemy one (a thing the started working on at one point but kittening forgot) , but because they kittened Defense field on scrapper but gave the same skill to ranger while moving, the fun bit is that they deemed the scrapper version broken op even though its the same thing . The kittening mental gymnastics on the design for this kitten. 

BuT tHe StAbIliTy...

Seriously, though, the sheer number of nerfs bruiser scrapper underwent over multiple years was pretty intense. The thing is, that particular version of scrapper was really just a sustain bot with nominal team utility. It's main function was to stay alive and maybe win a few select 1v1 matchups (again, referring to the bruiser, not the "bursty boi" folks have come to abhor). To this day, it's still getting nerfs.

Untamed has been in the game for almost 2.5 years now and (arguably) went from being largely useless to top tier in competitive modes while (a) filling many of the same team play niches as bruiser scrapper, and (b) having considerably higher DPS with a variety of viable play styles. This was even before dual maces were introduced for ranger.

Well, at least this allowed me to rediscover my love for warrior specs...