HIGH LATENCY in South East Asia [Merged]

From SG? It's normal and ANet does not have a solution. My fix would be, use a VPN to connect to a US IP and hope you don't connect to one that the RMT-ers have connected. Otherwise your account will be locked. Goodluck!

The issue is within the cheap Amazon Cloud Servers that ANet is using. They keep putting the blame on my ISP provider when this issue has been happening in GW2 for years.

Edited by Kera.3982
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

I was forced to buy VPN 2months ago because it was simply unplayable during prime sea time especially in WvW and all the way till now has been consistently hearing from guild mates and friends about lag. Just tonight my wvw guild had to cancel mid run because half the squad can't play the game. Like seriously anet?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Why did you buy a VPN? Just use a free one and acknowledge ANet Support you're using a VPN for your account.

GW2 uses Amazon Cloud Servers. The same cheap cloud servers SWTOR uses. Unfortunately Support will not help you with this issue. But you might not wanna pay for a VPN and use a free one instead.

• Sad 1

On 7/13/2024 at 6:50 PM, Kera.3982 said:

Why did you buy a VPN? Just use a free one and acknowledge ANet Support you're using a VPN for your account.

GW2 uses Amazon Cloud Servers. The same cheap cloud servers SWTOR uses. Unfortunately Support will not help you with this issue. But you might not wanna pay for a VPN and use a free one instead.

What free one?  

AWS servers give me 300+ ping from SEA to NA from GW2, where as I only get 140ms using AWS SWTOR servers to Sydney.  Maybe Anet needs an AWS server in Sydney for us SEA players as well. 

• Sad 1

On 7/10/2024 at 4:43 PM, Kera.3982 said:

From SG? It's normal and ANet does not have a solution. My fix would be, use a VPN to connect to a US IP and hope you don't connect to one that the RMT-ers have connected. Otherwise your account will be locked. Goodluck!

The issue is within the cheap Amazon Cloud Servers that ANet is using. They keep putting the blame on my ISP provider when this issue has been happening in GW2 for years.

Same problems here.

On 7/16/2024 at 2:28 PM, Noc Rubu.5804 said:

What free one?  

AWS servers give me 300+ ping from SEA to NA from GW2, where as I only get 140ms using AWS SWTOR servers to Sydney.  Maybe Anet needs an AWS server in Sydney for us SEA players as well. 

Windscribe gives over 10GB of VPN connection for free per month.

I get the same ping between GW2 and SWTOR. Both using the same AWS servers. If you're connecting to Sydney then the results may vary.

Edited by Kera.3982
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I don't think VPN as solution should be normalized. It is unacceptable to force players to use VPN just to make the game playable, when the FAQ states "use at your own risk"

Network Connection FAQ – Guild Wars 2 Support

This is a problem for only a portion of the playerbase yet it should be seriously addressed by Arenanet. For us players, the best we can do is to submit ticket and make it obvious to them that this is a problem.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Guild mates and I have been having Crazy Ping/Latency issues the last 10 days. This week most of us can't even participate in META events. Our average ping went from 190 to spikes of 4k. Unable to play WvW, might cry cause missing out on sweet sweet loot.

Anyone experiencing the same issue in South Africa and how do we fix this 🤔 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Rand.5870 said:

Guild mates and I have been having Crazy Ping/Latency issues the last 10 days. This week most of us can't even participate in META events. Our average ping went from 190 to spikes of 4k. Unable to play WvW, might cry cause missing out on sweet sweet loot.

Anyone experiencing the same issue in South Africa and how do we fix this 🤔 

I'm also in South Africa and have been having the exact same issues lately. Ping seems normal (160ms - 180ms) when sitting in Mistlock but spikes when doing any group content. 4000+ms in WvW.

I also get error 42 every time I log in, it sometimes pops up multiple times. 

Haven't found a way to fix it yet :( 

I'm in the US and have been getting about 100ms higher ping than normal for the past two or three weeks. Sometimes it's about 300ms more with some metas pushing it into the thousands. I've tried running nothing but the game along with removing arcDPS and blish hud but this did nothing. Only thing that's fixed it is connecting through a VPN. Obviously some sort of throttling going on somewhere. This isn't a problem I'm experiencing with other games. I think it all started happening around when the WvW restructure was released so I'm wondering if that did something. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

it's an amazon problem. i quit playing last year because latency was going from 200-4000+ to eu servers with the R value on arcdps being constantly red and all over the place. recently the wiki is either very slow to load (over 5 minutes) or doesn't load at all.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

On 7/30/2024 at 11:17 PM, phandaria.4891 said:

Will there be no fix? Will be disappointing if I have to miss the expac launch due to consistent connection issues.

To put this in an "appropriate" manner and possibly not get another forum warning, the moderator(s) are not responsible for server management. This issue is within the Amazon Cloud Servers and I doubt ANet will do anything to fix this issue because it takes time and communication between the two companies.

• Confused 1

the last 10 -15 days gave me a worst gaming experience...

usually wizard tower would be smooth for me .. but these last 10-15 days.. whenever I rotate the view/camera, it lags and in a weird way it kinda induces nausea.. a weird kinda screen lag...

during the last 10-15 days, I feel that nausea inducing lag when i rotate the view/camera using mouse on some meta events..(not all meta) idk why

Megadestroyer meta - no lag when rotating camera angle

leyline anomaly event - no lag

Drakkar fight - heavy lag

5 man party instanced content - no noticable lag

10 man squad instanced content - nausea inducing lag when combat starts (but no lag out of combat)

during this time I checked my ping and framerates... framerate stayed at constant 31 (coz i set the max framerate limiter to 30)

and ping was around 230 - 250 (which is normal for me so thats not the issue)

no background processes running except gw2

gpu was around 55% - 70% at around 65 - 70 deg C .. so thats not the issue either

I checked the GW2 diagnostics mode with "-diag" parameter to see if theres any packet loss couldnt find any .. except theres one last ip in tracert diag, where i had like 50% packet loss.. it could be an isolated temporary thing idk..

I suspect the new janthir wilds updates.. some library related to visuals / graphics got updated and not tested properly.. maybe.. just a wild guess.. some kind of preparation for the upcoming JW assets kinda causes these things? i could be wrong tho

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2024 at 4:11 PM, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

the last 10 -15 days gave me a worst gaming experience...

usually wizard tower would be smooth for me .. but these last 10-15 days.. whenever I rotate the view/camera, it lags and in a weird way it kinda induces nausea.. a weird kinda screen lag...

during the last 10-15 days, I feel that nausea inducing lag when i rotate the view/camera using mouse on some meta events..(not all meta) idk why

Megadestroyer meta - no lag when rotating camera angle

leyline anomaly event - no lag

Drakkar fight - heavy lag

5 man party instanced content - no noticable lag

10 man squad instanced content - nausea inducing lag when combat starts (but no lag out of combat)

during this time I checked my ping and framerates... framerate stayed at constant 31 (coz i set the max framerate limiter to 30)

and ping was around 230 - 250 (which is normal for me so thats not the issue)

no background processes running except gw2

gpu was around 55% - 70% at around 65 - 70 deg C .. so thats not the issue either

I checked the GW2 diagnostics mode with "-diag" parameter to see if theres any packet loss couldnt find any .. except theres one last ip in tracert diag, where i had like 50% packet loss.. it could be an isolated temporary thing idk..

I suspect the new janthir wilds updates.. some library related to visuals / graphics got updated and not tested properly.. maybe.. just a wild guess.. some kind of preparation for the upcoming JW assets kinda causes these things? i could be wrong tho

this is my daily exp if i forget to turn on exitlag app. see if it works for you too, consistent 190-210 ping for sea. https://www.exitlag.com/aff.php?aff=10097818

• Confused 2

Now i checked it multiple times... It wasnt the ping that causes it...

Even in ley line anomaly fight i dont have that fps drop rates... but whenever i enter wizard tower, fps drops severely...

whenever I enter fractals 100 , fps drops severely

But this DID NOT happen before the last 30 days

something got updated in the last 30 days or so.. idk if thats nvidia drivers or OS libraries or GW2 visual asset libraries or whatever..

the gpu usage jumps from 40% to 85% when i move from mistlock sanctuary to wizard tower / fractal 100.. this DID NOT happen during or after soto release at all.. my gameplay experience was smooth just before 30 days in wizard tower.....(i tried lowering model limits to lowest and environment intensity drag slider to left and to right.. it didnt change at all)

anet devs.. pliz look into this...

I confirmed that many WvW OCX & SEA (in NA server) players complain about random ping / lag spike after WvW restucture. For myself, average ping is +10 than before restructuring and can spike to 800 or client keep report "cant connect to login server". Affect is not only harm WvW mode but aslo high population PVE event. Symthom is random and not perma (about 1-2 day duration).