Miniatures not useable on newly created characters (level 10)

You can equip minis without actually adding them to your account wardrobe.  Right click on a mini in your inventory and select add to wardrobe.  The mini will vanish from your inventory but you will now be able to equip it to all characters from the minis tab of your equipment menu.

If you mean something else, then I have no idea.

• Like 1

I did do this, my level 50 simply uses them from the wardrobe, but the very same function doesn't work on the level 10 character. I also made another level 20 character and it works on that one, maybe level 10 is too low? I am at a loss lol

Is the checkbox over the equipped mini not checked, perhaps? This will prevent it from being visible. Also they are hidden in WvW.

I had an open slot and was able to equip from the wardrobe and show the mini in the game world on a level one, the same as any of my other characters, to confirm there's no weird level requirement.

Edited by synk.6907
  • Like 2

You can select a mini for even a level 1 character (which I just did).   Mini's, like so many other things including cosmetic looks, are account wide.  Assuming, you have gotten a mini and right-clicked it and selected "Unlock and Add to Wardrobe" to add it to your account (or whatever the popup menu says, it's really obvious when you see it), the process of showing it on ANY of your characters is: 

1. Open The Hero Panel
  2. select the Equipment tab in the Hero dialogue screen. You should see options for Equipment, Outfits, Wardrobe, many things, and Miniatures
  3. Select Miniatures
  4. On the left side select the mini you want that has previously been unlocked for your account.  If the mini is dimmed and has a lock on it, you haven't unlocked it for your account and it won't be selectable.  
  5. After selecting an available mini, just to the right of the mini selections, at the top of the Hero panel, will be an icon of that mini with a checkbox.  Make sure the checkbox is checked.  Unchecked=not visible.  Checked=visible.
  6. After checking the mini, close the Hero screen.

Now there are specific circumstances where mini's will be auto hidden by the game, for example if you go into a very crowded area displaying the mini's becomes too graphics intensive and the game just turns them off for everyone.  I think (not sure) that some mini's are hidden underwater but I've never paid that much attention to them.  They are cosmetic only items.  Not really a big deal.

If you don't have any unlocked mini's in your Hero panel, then you don't have them unlocked for your account.  No reason to sit on a mini and not add it to your account's wardrobe unless you plan on selling them on the TP (lots of available mini's for a few copper there).  If you have mini icons in your bank or bags, right click them and add them to your wardrobe or sell them on the TP.

Edited by Tinker.6924
  • Like 2