Ranked award/penalty points have me questioning my sanity

I understand that MMR is borked based on all the discussions and evidence, but I just need to confirm: is anyone else getting like +7 for wins and -17 for losses when the wins are hard fought and the losses are steamrolls?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Etaoin.4362 said:

I understand that MMR is borked based on all the discussions and evidence, but I just need to confirm: is anyone else getting like +7 for wins and -17 for losses when the wins are hard fought and the losses are steamrolls?

I once got a +2 in my solo queue with a win that was too close 

1 hour ago, arazoth.7290 said:

I once got a +2 in my solo queue with a win that was too close 

Yeah ive gotten a +2 twice over the past year and both were in plat 1 on the closer end to gold 3.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, youle.5824 said:

You think that's bad but if you get better, the higher rated you are, the worse it gets.

Remember one time I queued vs Boyce and his duo and when they started rolling my team I said to myself at least it will be like -7, but nope -36 next win +7 and this was quit moment right there. And it wasn't like I was off my usual rating or anything little bit higher but -36 kitten that.

Edited by Vancho.8750
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Remember one time I queued vs Boyce and his duo and when they started rolling my team I said to myself at least it will be like -7 but, nope -36 next win +7 and this was quit moment right there. And it wasn't like I was off my usual rating or anything little bit higher but -36 kitten that.

-36 huh, How many games was that played already then?

9 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

-36 huh, How many games was that played already then?

I think it was 20+ after the sweet +20 and between the  15 and 10 win loss . I think I was little bit above 1630 rating or something, might have considered me still volatile. 

Edited by Vancho.8750

12 hours ago, youle.5824 said:

You think that's bad but if you get better, the higher rated you are, the worse it gets.

It's still only like -20 to -25 in p2, saw it on I think Grimjack stream once. 

It's irrelevant for any of the people any higher than p2, as they just don't lose because they're winners.    

In mid-g2 I'm losing -15, but sometimes it's only like -9 if the game is way higher averaged then what I'm supposed to be in (which is a lot oddly enough).  

To me it'd work fine if it started slowly ramping as you go on a win or loss streak.  So, say you last gained +20 then you'd lose say -10, then -15, then -20.  Or if you get +15, then maybe +18 or capping at +20 if you outplay your rating by a lot.  

Right now though it's like, win get +15, lose get -9, win get +12, lose get -16....