[Resolved] In-game Browser (CEF) buggy?

Tried everything support said + deleted the bin64 folder which got remade (also ~300 mb smaller now). Deleted appdata but didn't help.
Released/renewed/flushed ipconfig, shut down my router and switch for a while. My wife on the same network has it working so I can try to login on her computer to get my reward pixels.
Should I waste my time more for free trying to help them debug this bug, or actually wait for them to fix their problems? Tough call ...

Again my problem is only the Astral Rewards system and I do not run any addons or modifications to the game client.

Edited by iSpawnAtHome.3810
added more info

Got the same problem. Troubleshooting steps dont work. Other pc/network wont change anything.

My main with all the expansions actually works fine. My account with HoT+PoF and my account with core game have the problem. So I am wondering if missing EoD/SotO might be related to it? 

1 minute ago, DoppelSlash.5201 said:

My main with all the expansions actually works fine. My account with HoT+PoF and my account with core game have the problem. So I am wondering if missing EoD/SotO might be related to it? 

I guess not. All my 22 accounts are affected. My main 2 accounts have all addons/Living stories and have the same problems as my "small" accounts with only HoT/PoF

Just now, Florimel.8069 said:

I guess not. All my 22 accounts are affected. My main 2 accounts have all addons/Living stories and have the same problems as my "small" accounts with only HoT/PoF

Ty for the info. It seems so weird to me that my main works and the others have that bug.

6 minutes ago, DoppelSlash.5201 said:

Got the same problem. Troubleshooting steps dont work. Other pc/network wont change anything.

I'm missing the Secrets of the Obscure expansion only.

So... I tried some things to solve this and found two things that help:
1. I connected my Laptop via WLAN to my phones Hotspot. Wizard's vault was back. It also remained when I switched back to LAN.

2. I used a VPN on my PC. Same thing. The Astral rewards are back and they stay even when I relog without VPN.

I tested each approach with a different account.

My guess this is something IP-adress related, so an IP adress change might also help?

Resetting the router and restarting my PC did not help in my case but might also be worth a try.

I hope this helps someone other than me. 🙂

I never really had an issue that could be fixed by the generic fixes from the troubleshooting page - you probably would have to regularly do stuff to break things on the computer so those would work. Most of the time it was stuff debugged by a further patch/hotfix.

I wonder though why someone mentions it works for one main account and not for alts. While the other person with the ton of alts (better not to ask why they have that much alt accounts lol) reports it being bugged on all of them.

Seems it is not the whole computer/machine (otherwise people with the bug always would have it on all accounts). But also not an ArenaNet problem. (Since for a lot of people it works with no problem at all.)

Maybe the cache is somehow different for each account - and the main (played often) does not get it in a lot of cases. And for alts it happens more often? Setting a manual DNS making it work for DoppelSlash seems to indicate a DNS issue after all though. If flushdns and stuff did not work it would mean the other (before making DNS server changes) has still old cached info delivering it to you. (Odd that it still seems to be separate per account though.)

Still good to give further and detailed info to help ArenaNet debug it - especially when it might have weird/hard to find reasons. Not the generic stuff that the troubleshoot page can fix. Might help to know the domains the ingame browser interacts with (not sure how to fetch/know them but probably some people managed to extract that already and put the info somewhere) trying to manually to DNS checks on them with different DNS servers.

35 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

(better not to ask why they have that much alt accounts lol)

Anet once gave away free accounts on Twitch Prime and i have some friends who are not interested in GW2 and gave me their codes.

Edited by Florimel.8069

I've got the same issue since yesterday. I contacted support.

I already reset the PC, network connections and my router, I deleted gw2-cache and dns-cache, I repaired the game files, and checked for firewall exceptions and open ports. No idea...

The peculiar thing is, that as you say the task tab and the legacy reward tab are loading normally, just the current rewards tab doesnt load.

I've also got the issue, that WV task tab and the legacy reward tab are loading, only the current reward tab doesn't load since yesterday. I contacted support.

I already reset the PC, network connections and my router, I deleted gw2-cache and dns-cache, I repaired the game files, and checked for firewall exceptions and open ports. No idea...

The peculiar thing is, that everything else is loading normally, just the current rewards tab doesnt load.

• Like 1

The Wizards Vault is technically another process running on your computer. (Chromium Embedded Framework, CEF)

Please make sure that your security/antivirus/firewall software is not blocking it from communicating with the server. In case you get a popup of your firewall, make sure to click allow. The popup may sometimes only show when the game is windowed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

omg, i have tried VPN 6 times now with different locations and the 6th time finally worked. After it worked once via VPN, I can now log in normally and the tab still works.

It would still be intertesting to know what the cause of the issue was....

Edited by Azumo.7408
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Malikoth.8470 said:

Not assuming anything about what you tried, but just going based on my own experience. The first time I turned on my hotspot on my phone and hooked my computer up to it, nothing changed. It turned out it was because the phone was still connected by wifi to the normal house internet. So I presume the hotspot just bridged that to my PC. I had to disable wifi on my phone, and THEN the PC started acting like I was actually on a different network. Any chance you left the wifi enabled on your phone like I did at first?

Good observation but yeah had that happen to me before and i also check that is only using dataplan not wifi, the only difference is that i use USB tetherin to connect my phone and my PC (a bit more stable that hotspot)

4 hours ago, DoppelSlash.5201 said:

Fix for me:
set IPv4-DNS to 8.8.8.8 and restart the game

yeah i have the Google DNS

I have same issue, did you find a solution? the rest of the wizard's vault tabs are loading!

I restarted, repaired, changed the resolution, deaktiveted all add on's but still the same

Edited by dorozin.7025

Same Problem since today, already tried all things that i can do like the others above. but still no change. i wanted to do weeklys but i dont know if i can get the points with the not functioning of the reward part -.-

6 minutes ago, Toyo.2953 said:

Same Problem since today, already tried all things that i can do like the others above. but still no change. i wanted to do weeklys but i dont know if i can get the points with the not functioning of the reward part -.-

one thing i just tried if i have the same problem on a other account i have and there i dont have the problem.