What are the classes the devs dont play so i can avoid wasting my time.

thief.7429

1 hour ago, GeraldBC.4927 said:

There is no way that kitten like what Warrior has endured would fly if one of them actually mained warrior. 

Yeah. I refuse to believe any of the devs actually played as a Warrior regularly.
With the amount of outdated skill and trait designs and bugs that still persist on Warrior as a whole, some even from the launch of the game itself, there just can't be people on the dev playing Warrior. Especially with these balance patches that either seem to add random changes on Warrior that ignore core issues, or outright nerfing it as soon as it gets fun to play.

If there is someone on the dev team who does play Warrior for an extended period of time, then whatever feedback they gave to the rest of the devs on Warrior's current state in the game, must have been ignored time and time again.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, GeraldBC.4927 said:

I am. It's pretty obvious from the state of the classes and which ones get qol or other improvements at any given time. 

Thing is that when you ask people for a list of which professions get favoured and which don't, it seems to be a case of ask five people and get six different lists. Guardians being in the "yes" column and warriors being in the "no" column is pretty consistent (although people who play guardian know that there have been plenty of questionable decisions even there, they're just generally not critical hits to its effectiveness), but otherwise it seems to vary a lot based on what modes and professions the respondent plays. (Funnily enough, most people don't tend to put their profession in the 'most favoured' category.)

To give a direct example, you list mesmer as an example, and if you mostly play PvE I could see that. Meanwhile, there's a leak floating around that indicates that the balance team is deliberately keeping mesmer at a handicap in PvP.

• Like 2

If internal egos are truly run amok at Anet, the community should just send tweets directly to NCSoft and have them look into it. If a select number of current devs are engaging in a manner that is unhealthy for their game and hurts the longevity of future expansions, they deserve to know and put a stop to it. Nothing we say here will matter.

Edited by Thayon.2107
  • Thanks 1