Secrets of the Obscure Softlock - Commander without a Cause

1 hour ago, DeadBoyParis.9031 said:

How does the work around work if you can't wear the disguise?

The trick in the workaround is simple: you approach to the first marked bush and hide in it, listen the brief NPC chat and wait to the counter to end without doing anything, just there. Then, approach Arina when she stands still (the spot where the story gets stuck), and follow next steps that OP gave.

1 hour ago, Cambeleg.7632 said:

O truque na solução alternativa é simples: você se aproxima do primeiro arbusto marcado e se esconde nele, ouve o breve bate-papo do NPC e espera o balcão terminar sem fazer nada, apenas ali. Então, aproxime-se de Arina quando ela estiver parada (o ponto onde a história fica presa) e siga os próximos passos que o OP deu.

seguir os proximos passos incluindo pegando os disfarces ?

18 hours ago, MrLores.2961 said:

During "Commander without a Cause", after filling out the "Investigate the camp for information" objective, the quest softlocks. Arina comes up to the horn and is supposed to sound it, but nothing happens instead and she just stands there. The same happens if the timer runs out before all the information is investigated. Me and my friends tried to do the quest multiple times and it always ends in a softlock.

Edit: I found a temporary workaround.

If you're facing this issue, here's what you need to do to push the quest forward.

1. Enter the instance
  2. Proceed through the quest until you have approached the camp and eavesdropped the conversation
  3. Wait 7 minutes for the hunting party to leave (the timer gets visible only when 2 minutes are left)
  4. (Important) Do not pick up the disguise at any point
  5. Wait for Arina to come close to the horn and make sure she stands still
  6. Walk into her detection cone. She will draw her weapon at you, making her reset her script
  7. After you're booted out of the camp, the quest will progress

This just worked for me at time of posting. Thank you so much!

48 minutes ago, ThePirocon.6501 said:
Unfortunately, I was unable to complete this mission, even with the step-by-step instructions, and with no feedback from the GM team.
I recommended the game to friends, and I'm extremely disappointed.

Are you sure you're walking into Arina's detection cone without the disguise on? Can you explain in detail what you're doing to get past the bug?

Same here please fix it.

EDIT: followed the OP's instructions and worked.

Just do the bushes, DON'T take the disguise from the supplies boxes and, when hunters leave (timer 00:00) then Arina will be on the top, go inside her detection cone and she will draw her sword then the mission will proceed.

PS - it doesn't matter you won't have all the bar for the investigation filled up.

Edited by Dreddo.9865
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, MrLores.2961 said:

Tem certeza de que está entrando no cone de detecção kitten Arina sem o disfarce? Pode explicar em detalhes o que está fazendo para passar pelo bug?

I've tried every way, I repeated this mission more than 20 times, following the step by step of each player who reported that it worked, I still continue with the softlock

I got the same thing and apparently stupidly picked up the costume. Now its stuck and I cant progress. What a bunch of nonsense jsut so I can get weapons master training, how do i get out of this rubbish quest now I'm stuck in the costume and cant do the workaround?

OK so having just fought this kitten issue. HERE IS THE WAY FORWARD!!!

1) don't try to get a Full Investigate bar... The minute that you put on the "disguise" and talk to the 2 Astral mages is when the time locks up. 
2) Stay away from the Supply crates. they have the disguise
3) you can walk around and find the other bits of info should get your investigate bar to about half way.  it's a scroll, some papers and eve's dropping on some groups. 

4) wait until the timer expires for the "hunting party" to leave.  once that is done go to the top of the hill in the center of camp you will see a big horn and a woman standing next to it. get spotted by her and she will attack you kicking you out of the camp. 
5) go back the the hill and hide in the bush to watch the mission advance

6) have a whiskey to commemorate that a costume has frozen the time for a game that is how old now...

7) carry on with the mission. 

On 8/20/2024 at 3:54 PM, MrLores.2961 said:

During "Commander without a Cause", after filling out the "Investigate the camp for information" objective, the quest softlocks. Arina comes up to the horn and is supposed to sound it, but nothing happens instead and she just stands there. The same happens if the timer runs out before all the information is investigated. Me and my friends tried to do the quest multiple times and it always ends in a softlock.

Edit: I found a temporary workaround.

If you're facing this issue, here's what you need to do to push the quest forward.

1. Enter the instance
  2. Proceed through the quest until you have approached the camp and eavesdropped the conversation
  3. Wait 7 minutes for the hunting party to leave (the timer gets visible only when 2 minutes are left)
  4. (Important) Do not pick up the disguise at any point
  5. Wait for Arina to come close to the horn and make sure she stands still
  6. Walk into her detection cone. She will draw her weapon at you, making her reset her script
  7. After you're booted out of the camp, the quest will progress

That workaround worked like a charm thank you so much!