Bad enemy design - almost permanent boon corrupt AoEs

Who came up with these enemies? They constantly spawn puddles that corrupt boons underneath them. It's not like it's a single attack with cooldown, no, it appears constantly. Even after they moved a bit, they recast it immediately.

Seriously Anet, if you don't want people to play melee builds, why not remove melee weapons at all?

EDIT: And that is just stuff on the first map or part of the first parts of the story, the titan enemies or whatever they are called. Especially the champions of that type are practically impossible to kill without ranged damage. I don't even wanna know how the other enemies will be.

Edited by ZenDrake.8316
  • Like 34
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6

My thoughts aswell. I've been enjoying the first map so far, but the titan enemies constantly spawning these puddles makes playing melee an absolute nightmare. the condi spam is insane, blind and weakness are so annoying. 

• Like 15
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Melee stacking is how the combat system works, be it heals or any type of support. The 100% boon uptime is unfixable at this point. It's just really annoying, and some classes have really bad ranged options. Not to mention that several builds require specific weapons to be effective.

As a a scrapper I am just supposed to spam grenades or what?

Edited by ZenDrake.8316
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

We as players decided to stack melee because all boons in this game are in a radius, usually around the caster. Ranged players can always move closer, melee players can't move further away. Supporters can't support people that don't stack. Might as well remove boons altogether in that case.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

Bigger radius

How much do you need? 600 (like Herald has, for some reason) or even more?

2 minutes ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

targeted 

Have fun with that lmao. The squad UI is just way too kitten for that. Heal spectre is already annoying to play.

This also still doesn't solve the problem that you want to make melee builds completely unviable. A lot of builds require certain weapons to be fun (or work at all). Like my example, Scrapper. Almost permanent boon corrupt (paired with those stupid knockback walls from 100CM) is just such a pita.

Edited by ZenDrake.8316
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

Melee builds still do more dps and cleave then ranged weapons

May I present to you the new spear on revenant? Or cVirt where everything is piercing?

Somthing isn't viable if you can't survive while performing your job.

Edited by ZenDrake.8316
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I'm fine with it mechanically, but the sparklebarf is at an all time high in this expac.  Looking at my screen has become meaningless at times with how closely things resemble a tripy media player visualization.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The gameplay design of titan-spawn enemies is truly awful. It is too spammy, too restrictive and too annoying, it is not fun to fight against them, not in the open world at least.
It is not even melee vs range or boons vs no boons for me - they are just quite spongy and spam AoEs with blinds and condis, so much condis that even above mediocre condi removal toolkit doesn't help. And constantly running around in an effort to find a safe place that is not (yet) covered in rotboo is just unfun.

• Like 9
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, ZenDrake.8316 said:

Melee stacking is how the combat system works, be it heals or any type of support. The 100% boon uptime is unfixable at this point. It's just really annoying, and some classes have really bad ranged options. Not to mention that several builds require specific weapons to be effective.

We have Alchemy and Tools. EMK for ranged. What exactly has you hung up about Engineer?

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

Not only do they spawn massive pools of boon corrupts; but they also spawn pillars that block projectiles. So for necro you're basically looking at axe, scepter and staff.. It might seem good to have a new enemy to fight right now; but it'll get old real fast.

Even the champions are extremely annoying now to fight because of the running around every 25% phases that just wastes 1+ minutes each.

• Like 7
  • Confused 3

15 hours ago, ZenDrake.8316 said:

I switched to my rifle and just stood back shooting. Feels bad. Even badder because the other engineer spec I like is also melee focused. Guess it's time to bring back the flamethrower builds.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1