new title?

after i finally got through all the meetings, I've enjoyed seeing a bit of the new expac. I'm excited to play.

I only have one quibble so far: I expected our player character to get a new title (in place of name that NPCs refer to us by). Couldn't we have been some kind of ambassador or delegate, instead of staying commander of old, or wayfinder of a completed situation?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

taking notes on diplomacy with interacting with a new culture..

1. Ask them what they like to be called.
  2. Once they specify one (that i personally hate and had no choice in - 'wayfinder'), make fun of that name repeatedly.
  3. Demean their ability to do anything competently by using that name (that they hate), 'way finder lost?'

Okay. I'm about to murder some kitten'ing bears. They are gonna see what this Commander can do to their kitten village. Kitten this diplomacy - time to Command my forces to conquer these lands that can't even make a polite introduction before demeaning a new potential ally.

Probably best to send these notes on to the UN for international relations standard procedures.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, EulersIdentity.8096 said:

Demean their ability to do anything competently by using that name (that they hate), 'way finder lost?'

I just am kinda sad our character didn't counter that one, with "can't find something, that isn't lost", or something. I mean we're the wayfinder now not the wayknower. 

Btw, it's not the Kodan reaching out for diplomatic connections, so they are not the ones to look at for an example. We're the one bargain in there and pestering them about joining the alliance, so I think it's fair for them to be a bit snarky at first.

• Like 2

I want to be called commander, not wayfinder. Wayfinder still sounds stupid and reminds me of unpleasant things like Peitha and her harassing me...

Also that some Kodan abuse the communitcator is annoying. I want a blacklist.

Edited by Tula.6021
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2