Lump of Beeswax needed for craft Chandelier but you can only get it with the Frostfang 3 Collection open

Was about to vent here because I find that a tad ridiculous. Not even that it is completely unrelated to the chandelier I have several issues with it: The item description does not state that you need 3 parts of a LEGENDARY weapon achievement for it to even buy the honey. That doesn't seem right to me. Also we are with the Kodan now. You know, those big fuzzy fluffballs from the new DLC that collect HONEY from the bees. And you tell me they are so far behind that they don't know how to gather and use beewax lumps? Yeah, sure. Sounds about right. 😞

Edited by Thyrador.8719
  • Like 2

came here to post this, glad I'm not the only one concerned by the difficulty.  The wiki says the cost of actually getting to the relevant collection is in the ballpark of 140 gold, so I'm hoping this in just an oversight in reagent selection rather than intentional design

I came here because I used the lump of beeswax for something else that I needed it for after doing the event. I went back a couple days later to do the event and get another to make the chandelier and it isn't showing in the vendor list. I would very much love to make a chandelier as well, but how do we get this lump of beeswax. ☹️

If i was wanting to make a legendary chandelier, perhaps... But this is ridiculous, it's just a bit of bee wax to make a chandelier. All over Janthir Wilds are bees. Why should i go specifically to that one NPC in Queensdale to get bee wax?

1 hour ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

I promise you do not have to make Frostfang to get the chandelier! There is a hotfix coming later today that will correct this--the recipe will ask for lowland honeycombs after the hotfix is live. 

That is good news!
Though I must admit, it was fun to have a reason to return to Queensdale, even though I couldn't buy the beeswax. It did bring back memories from 12 years ago. And to add to that, so is Janthir Wilds, the way the maps are designed, the exploration level and everything gives me the same vibes the core game gave me when it was released. I love it!

1 hour ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

I promise you do not have to make Frostfang to get the chandelier! There is a hotfix coming later today that will correct this--the recipe will ask for lowland honeycombs after the hotfix is live. 

Thank you!!

6 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Thanks for the fix. A shame that if there are any future expansions with homesteads, players can't get such a staple core-centric decoration. Having a reason to go back to older content for decoration items is a fantastic idea.