The writing is more than decent... and I like the humor!

Just went to another story mission (don't want to spoil anything) that really brought a big smile to my face. Certain NPC dialogue (rat royalty, if you know who I mean), the Tyrian Alliance Reports lying around, and other things -- hilarious.

I like the writing of JW so far, it is interesting, well-paced, well executed, and full of little gems like these.

• Like 19
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Shinra.8564 said:

Theres no writing in this game that can top *eagle screeching noises*. Fall out of my chair moment. 

*annoyed eagle screech* with the correct eagle noise instead of a red tailed hawk!

followed by Rytlock Brimstone: Yeah, y'know what? You sound pretty busy. We got this. Just keep doing whatever it is you're doing.

Loved it

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Shinra.8564 said:

Theres no writing in this game that can top *eagle screeching noises*. Fall out of my chair moment. 

Oh yeah, I remember that one fondly as well. 🤣 There has been a lot of humor in the past, no doubt. I am not saying this was "superior" in any way, I am just saying that I'm really enjoying JW's story presentation -- it feels like a real adventure, quite exciting and rather dark, thus the occasional humor comes unexpected but well-timed, heh heh.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

I’ve been thoroughly enjoying all of this new land so far, and I feel it was the perfect way for everyone to meet. 
The only thing I’d add…

Spoiler

when we arrive in Janthir and are exploring the stream, the waterfall, and that cliffside, one of the characters should say “watch the ledges” 🤣

Edited by Meridian.4983
Correcting autocorrect
  • Haha 1

I have really been enjoying the story as well, it got good pacing and plenty of tensions and intrigue.

Catching up with what is happening in the world has been very welcome,  Janthir is absolutely beautiful and the Bears got great lore (i especially like theyr dance parties and pre-torpor feasts) and i've really been enjoying spending time with caithe and malice. 

• Like 2