Issue with skill bar since Jw and warclaw

Odd issue that popped up yesterday. After doing the warclaw quest and obtaining the chain pull skill I noticed the #3 skill (chain pull) flashing or pulsing intermittently . I thought that was odd and maybe something I was unaware of related to the skill. However it is also flashing intermittently after dismounting the warclaw. On my necro that is path of gluttony and gorge and it has never done this Prior to yesterday release. Clicking on the skill does nothing when mounted it continues to flash. However when dismounted using the skill stops the flashing. 

Edited by simple jack.3592
  • Like 5

Revenant has had this bug forever, whatever skill didn't finish casting will flash until it's cast, does this whether it's a weapon skill or a legend utility, and stays until you go back to the right weapon or legend and press the skill it's waiting for.

Welcome to the party 🥳  I hope this is fixed someday 

• Like 1

I've managed to find exactly where it happens for me - using "Sniff" in Skill 2 reveals "Uncover". So if I try and find a cache for example, and "Uncover" reveals in Skill 2, using it activates Skill 3 at the same time. It only stops when I dismount and use my weapon Skill 3 to get rid of it. This has been happening since launch for me, noticed it on the first day when I used Uncover for the first time.

• Like 3

On 8/21/2024 at 11:08 PM, simple jack.3592 said:

Odd issue that popped up yesterday. After doing the warclaw quest and obtaining the chain pull skill I noticed the #3 skill (chain pull) flashing or pulsing intermittently . I thought that was odd and maybe something I was unaware of related to the skill. However it is also flashing intermittently after dismounting the warclaw. On my necro that is path of gluttony and gorge and it has never done this Prior to yesterday release. Clicking on the skill does nothing when mounted it continues to flash. However when dismounted using the skill stops the flashing. 

I've had the same for past couple of days, so frustrating and very off putting! I also play necro (Reaper, G.Sword / Axe and Focus)

• Like 2

same issue ever since Janthir launch, always does it while on Warclaw and when dismount, which is apparantly supposed to Unblock Weapon abilitys and binds it continues to flash until I use skill 3 weapon, I did submit a ticket 4 days ago concerning all the action bar issues since Warclaw as its new ability's and the launch of Janthir, and I got a reply which said "check the forms" LMAO , Seems ANET are just completely ignoring the issues even though there a re multiple threads concerning the them, Customer Service 🤬

Seems like theres some seriously goofed up coding with the new Warclaw, never happened pre Janthir, TBH the whole Mount abilitys and hot bar locations need a good going through there loads of issue with them eg: button 4 on Griffin is "CLIMB"  while button "4" on Skyscale is "DIVE"  ?????, Space bar on Raptor is Leap while on Warclaw button "5" is Leap ther's just no logical sence in how these and more have been coded like this, Its Obnoxious

Edited by Bowdidly.7401
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Brucehindlander.1920 said:

Thank you for posting that the 3 pulses (activate) when 2 (sniff) is pressed. i have been trouble shooting by re-keybinding, uninstalling drivers and reinstalling them... im glad that it is a known issue and would be happy if anet would fix it.

I agree, it would be nice if it was fixed or at least some acknowledgement of the issue from Anet

• Like 3

Same issue, skill 3 starts flashing as soon as I dig up a treasure and wont stop until I either target something and use my 3 skill on warclaw or dismount and use 3.  Even dismounting warclaw and mounting my skyscale, the blank spot where skill 3 is continues to flash.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Tofu.1865 said:

Always skill 4 and 5 for me after JW update its getting annoying

Same for me been like this since Janthir Wilds patch and then there's also the issue with Warclaw  keybinds again with action buttons "4" and "5"  I can either have Warclaw key bound and working like I like and Skimmer, Skyscale and Griffon broken OR those working as pre patch and Warclaw not working right, I had to level  story first few days of Janthir by manually mouse clicking mounted ability's which is just obnoxious and clearly something broken all this since new Warclaw was added.

Since patch there's been numerous threads concerning both these issues, none have a fix or response from ANET and there is also nothing on the "known issues" list

Edited by Bowdidly.7401
  • Like 4

On 9/3/2024 at 12:51 PM, Bowdidly.7401 said:

Same for me been like this since Janthir Wilds patch and then there's also the issue with Warclaw  keybinds again with action buttons "4" and "5"  I can either have Warclaw key bound and working like I like and Skimmer, Skyscale and Griffon broken OR those working as pre patch and Warclaw not working right, I had to level  story first few days of Janthir by manually mouse clicking mounted ability's which is just obnoxious and clearly something broken all this since new Warclaw was added.

Since patch there's been numerous threads concerning both these issues, none have a fix or response from ANET and there is also nothing on the "known issues" list

The bindings are utterly BAFFLING. Every other mount has its jump/locomotion based skill defaulted to space, just like the Warclaw did pre-JW

• Like 2