Mounts, NPCs, and Cats in Homestead [nitpicky feedback]

CATS

1. Why are the cats all outside? I want my kitties to be indoors with me. Not all of them, but some at least should be lounging by the fire or something. The only cat inside is holographic kitten -- the worst immersion breaking one! (Probably cats can't be inside because of conflict with decorations but I would like some cats inside please.)

2. The cats outside are playing mostly in the tall grass and I can't see them. There are bare rocky nearby that they could play on instead so I can admire them, rather than squinting in the tall grass.

3. There is a black cat walking underwater. Strange.

4. My catmanders & their kitten armies aren't stacking properly. Tsk tsk. Stay on tag, kittens!!

NPCs

1. Who is the asura Ninn? Why is he in my homestead and why does he have an annoying green quest marker over his head? Can I choose to hide him or ask him to leave? (Same with MOXX)

2. Why is there a kodan riding my raptor? I don't want him there.

MOUNTS

1. I want my skyscale to be out in the open to stretch their wings. Maybe switch positions with the roller beetle?

2. My poor skimmer doesn't have any water. 😞 

3. I thought we would be able to choose which mounts to display, not just display the ones we have selected for that toon. Maybe we could have a feature where you talk to the npc and he lets you choose which mount skin to display for each mount type?

I know these are silly but they were my first thoughts upon unlocking my homestead. Thanks.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Spiral.3724 said:

NPCs

1. Who is the asura Ninn? Why is he in my homestead and why does he have an annoying green quest marker over his head? Can I choose to hide him or ask him to leave? (Same with MOXX)

2. Why is there a kodan riding my raptor? I don't want him there.

1. Ninn is meant to be in every home instance that has a particular achieve unlocked, but I think they've been bugged in some.

2. You can swap it for an alt if you leave one with medium armor in your home. But I'd like to know the reasoning on this too. You can't ask that toon to follow you, and the kodan doesn't seem to have a reason to be there.

Good points on the cats and mounts, too. +1 

I'd add one more on alts: if you mount up, they should too. Same as any NPC in a story instance since PoF. Even if they take a raptor when you're on skyscale. 

edit again: although having had cats and tall grass both, it's common to find cats hunting in tall grass. however of course they like inside too.

Edited by willow.8209
clarity, addition

16 hours ago, willow.8209 said:

2. You can swap it for an alt if you leave one with medium armor in your home. But I'd like to know the reasoning on this too. You can't ask that toon to follow you, and the kodan doesn't seem to have a reason to be there.

this doesn't work anymore, there's just the kodan no alt on the raptor. Hopefully we'll meet this character at some point...

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Spiral.3724 said:

Maybe we could have a feature where you talk to the npc and he lets you choose which mount skin to display for each mount type?

Yes please! Also for gods sake let us use glyphs we have bound to the account not have to strip them from our character's tools. It seems like a cash grab to force us to sacrifice our player character's tool glyph in order to manage our home instance...

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, niwaar.5631 said:

Yes please! Also for gods sake let us use glyphs we have bound to the account not have to strip them from our character's tools. It seems like a cash grab to force us to sacrifice our player character's tool glyph in order to manage our home instance...

I mean the option to do it without the box exist if you dont want to remove your glyph for a min or two.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Linken.6345 said:

I mean the option to do it without the box exist if you dont want to remove your glyph for a min or two.

Yes, but why in the hell I am being forced to do this. Its much more "fun" and "engaging" for me to just go hit the nodes myself rather than going in and removing and navigating menu's to place them in the box and then remove them from the box.... Its just dumb and feels like its being friction for the sake of the cash shop more than anything.  (this comes from someone who has 3 sets of glyphs on 3 different characters. I simply dont feel like its an intelligent and engaging choice on Anet's part.

• Confused 1

Just adding my 2 cents about Homesteads:

• We can't join via Mistlock Sanctuary, only via going from Mistlock to another map and then to the Homestead ..
  • We can't join lfg squads while inside the Homestead, which makes parking alts there bad for me since I can't easily pick up a raid squad
Edited by Radiancee.6537
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Radiancee.6537 said:
  • We can't join via Mistlock Sanctuary, only via going from Mistlock to another map and then to the Homestead ..
  • We can't join lfg squads while inside the Homestead, which makes parking alts there bad for me since I can't easily pick up a raid squad

You also cannot get to the homestead from Thousand Seas.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

Why are there any cats there period other than to scam you for food and threat you like a servant.

The cats are there if you befriended them. If you don't go befriending cats all across Tyria, you won't have any in your homestead.

On 8/22/2024 at 10:06 AM, Spiral.3724 said:

3. I thought we would be able to choose which mounts to display, not just display the ones we have selected for that toon. Maybe we could have a feature where you talk to the npc and he lets you choose which mount skin to display for each mount type?

You can, even if its a "workaround".

When you have chosen Raptor Skin A for your Character, but want to display Raptor Skin B in your Homestead for the same Character, go to the Hero Panel -> Mounts -> mark Raptor Skin B as Favorite and set the Box "choose Random Mount skin" (when you have set favorites, then this will only choose a Skin out of your Favorites, but you have to set the Favorites for each Mount if you want just one Skin per Mount).

Now you can select any Mount Skin you want in the Mount Panel and this will be the one to be displayed in yoir Homestead.

• Like 1

I also dislike the bear! Let my raptor relax, bear!

I have another few nitpicks to add about the cats: I would like it if the ones that are associated with certain nodes were standing next to them like they do in the home instance. Lady Wisteria Whiskington next to the bloodstone node, Feline Familiar next to the Candy Corn node, and the Super Adventure Box kitty with the "Honors in Applied Jumping" title next to the Bauble node (preferably throwing a bauble at it just like it does in the home instance.) It would also be nice if a few of the solo cats would hang around the NPCs, looking for attention, instead of all grouped in one place- I know in the Rata Sum home instance there's one that likes to hang out next to the Krewe Researcher NPC at the top of the stairs and I always thought that was adorable. It kind of just feels like not much thought was given to the placement of the cats.

I would also like it if the Holoscepter Storage Case could be relocated outside, next to the Water Pistol Storage case. It's in the way of decorating that corner of the greenhouse.

And it's been mentioned in other threads, but I miss my Newborn Turtle! Hopefully he will be added eventually, chilling by the river or next to the Siege Turtle.

• Like 1

I do wish several of the things came with a toggle.

I'm a completionist, I collected all the cats earlier, and now my homestead is infested with them and they are annoyingly in the way. It doesn't even look cute, they're not lounging anywhere, there's just a spammy gaggle of PVP/WVW cats outside my house. I do wish I could turn them off, I actually want to build stuff and they are in the way. I can turn off wildlife, yes, but that does not include cats for some reason, just the random ravens perching in places.

It would be nice to be able to select which mounts appear, or have them idle around a bit (like the raptors in the PoF stables sometimes do). It just looks plain weird when there's a hovercraft madly spinning inside of my stable with all the animals, and I can affectionately pet an asuran motorcycle.

Being able to set the alts to idly wander around would also be splendid. Maybe a toggle to have with Deft Lahar, just like the day/night thing and the other settings. It would be a small touch, but it would make the place so much livelier.

Also being able to sort decorations by type in the crafting window would be one hell of a boon. I can already filter recipe tiers via the toggle settings, so the current setup is redundant, anyways.

Edited by Changer the Elder.2948
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Kiof.5710 said:

I haven't gotten to the point of unlocking my homestead.  That's the next story step, but is M.O.X in the homestead?

Yeah, MOX is invited to the Party :D

iirc the only One missing now is the Baby Siege Turtle from the EoD fishing Achievement.

• Like 1