Warclaw might need a toggle for Wild Claws

I'm loving the new Warclaw, however the Wild Claws mastery is kind of annoying to deal with. Often times, when I'm running around to harvest nodes, I end up entering combat because I dashed through an enemy, slowing me down. It might be nice to have an f1 toggle to turn Wild Claws on and off like the Griffon and Skyscale have for Ley Gliding. Maybe this is a non issue for most, but I thought I'd mention it.

Also if a toggle becomes a thing, it should to be a paw with claws while active and just a paw when toggled off. That would be kinda cute.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2024 at 3:36 AM, ProfCarson.7124 said:

I'm loving the new Warclaw, however the Wild Claws mastery is kind of annoying to deal with. Often times, when I'm running around to harvest nodes, I end up entering combat because I dashed through an enemy, slowing me down. It might be nice to have an f1 toggle to turn Wild Claws on and off like the Griffon and Skyscale have for Ley Gliding.

This!

Please.

• Confused 1

On 8/23/2024 at 3:36 AM, ProfCarson.7124 said:

I'm loving the new Warclaw, however the Wild Claws mastery is kind of annoying to deal with. Often times, when I'm running around to harvest nodes, I end up entering combat because I dashed through an enemy, slowing me down. It might be nice to have an f1 toggle to turn Wild Claws on and off like the Griffon and Skyscale have for Ley Gliding. Maybe this is a non issue for most, but I thought I'd mention it.

Another point to add is from a roleplaying perspective. I'm also loving the new Warclaw - my favorite mount so far. But I do kind of hate the idea of the commander killing ambient creatures instead of protecting all living beings. So, this mastery kind of ruined the new Warclaw for me and I wish, I'd never trained the Wild Claws mastery. :-(

This was recognized almost immediately was mentioned very early on after release. The particularly annoying bit is that it's the result of a mastery, something that is supposed to improve the play experience. But I can't think of any occasion where it would ever be desirable. If it was available in wvw I suppose I could use it to leap through a zerg tagging a bunch of ppls for kill credit but alas, it is not ; p

It does so little damage you'd rather use any other warclaw skill on an actual target before you'd pick this one, yet it puts you in combat (and removes mount stealth) with all the targets you have no interest in making hostile . . .

It serves no purpose. It makes the game worse. Please. Please make it stop. Just make it all stop /cry . . .

Here is the link to the original post about this . . .

Edited by Gop.8713
added link . . .