Elementalist balance PvP & WvW

Florin.3618

On 9/30/2024 at 8:56 PM, Jaising.7253 said:

You forgot to mention the Ele hacks with perma auras, no cooldowns on teleport and can literally one shot you while your stun locked.

No cleanse, stun break or any other mechanic works against these hacks.

There is about 2 or 3 Ele and 2 catas that all use the exact rotation while permanently buffs and auras are up.

They are solo, not near anyone else and run full steam into groups of 5 -10 players. 

Every attack results in immune, block, evade or invulnerable. 

Just not possible to beat groups like that solo and literally teleport away at will, well under the cooldown. Then use teleport a 2nd or in rarer cases a 3rd time in a row

I'm not picking on Ele, they are rare for sure. But the cheats and hacks are real and that's the only way an Ele dare roam in the boonball age.

Ele can roam fine. Solo charging a blob is not roaming (though it is funny) 

17 hours ago, Forgotten Legend.9281 said:

congratulations on finding a build you enjoy... i don't enjoy 900 range combat... it forces me to be closer than i prefer on my elementalist... that's why i compared it specifically to Virtuoso. i prefer 1200-1500 range that lets me nuke the target while kiting... Virtuoso is more of a bunch of machine guns, though, but it feels like AHnold's squad in Predator ripping apart the forest while capping off hundreds of rounds at once. Ele doesn't have that kind of "FIRE EVERYTHING!!!!"  glass canon Build (like Virtuoso or sic'em longbow soulbeast) nor does it ever feel like the Enola Gay dropping "Little Boy" on those pesky enemy blobs... (like pre nerf spear warrior or rifle deadeye) 

at least GW1 "nuker" builds felt like nuker builds, (sans Ensign ele damage vs warrior damage article) felt like a nuker class. GW2 long range Ele feels like a vase getting knocked off the table by a cat.

please keep in mind the thread is about PvP and WvW balance, not PvE, and so are my comments in this thread, though i would still like the build/s i describe ( FIRE EVERYTHING! and nuclear bomb) in PvE as well.

Ele does have that exact kind of build for WvW.  It's the Fresh Air Burst Weaver.  It's right here:  https://guildjen.com/fresh-air-weaver-roaming-build/

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Ele does have that exact kind of build for WvW.  It's the Fresh Air Burst Weaver.  It's right here:  https://guildjen.com/fresh-air-weaver-roaming-build/

With respect... what part of "i don't enjoy 900 range combat" makes you think I'd like a scepter build? Nevermind. I don't want to know. But I am insulted by your suggestion that I try a build I already said that I don't like.

58 minutes ago, Forgotten Legend.9281 said:

With respect... what part of "i don't enjoy 900 range combat" makes you think I'd like a scepter build? Nevermind. I don't want to know. But I am insulted by your suggestion that I try a build I already said that I don't like.

You made a post complaining that ele isn't getting any ranged weapons and only has melee specs.  I pointed out this isn't true.  You've then moved the goal posts and substituting your offense as some kind of debate point.  To be frank, I don't think the problem is ele being forced into melee range.  I think that you just want to complain about things.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Forgotten Legend.9281 said:

congratulations on finding a build you enjoy... i don't enjoy 900 range combat... it forces me to be closer than i prefer on my elementalist... that's why i compared it specifically to Virtuoso. i prefer 1200-1500 range that lets me nuke the target while kiting... Virtuoso is more of a bunch of machine guns, though, but it feels like AHnold's squad in Predator ripping apart the forest while capping off hundreds of rounds at once. Ele doesn't have that kind of "FIRE EVERYTHING!!!!"  glass canon Build (like Virtuoso or sic'em longbow soulbeast) nor does it ever feel like the Enola Gay dropping "Little Boy" on those pesky enemy blobs... (like pre nerf spear warrior or rifle deadeye) 

at least GW1 "nuker" builds felt like nuker builds, (sans Ensign ele damage vs warrior damage article) felt like a nuker class. GW2 long range Ele feels like a vase getting knocked off the table by a cat.

please keep in mind the thread is about PvP and WvW balance, not PvE, and so are my comments in this thread, though i would still like the build/s i describe ( FIRE EVERYTHING! and nuclear bomb) in PvE as well.

Staff weaver does. 1.2k range and quite awesome damage. In wvw.

If you don’t want to see it that doesn’t mean there isn’t something. Now spear i prefer play in pve and it’s also „big range“ and works but i don’t feel it in wvw as much. But besides that exactly like staff.

57 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

You made a post complaining that ele isn't getting any ranged weapons and only has melee specs.  I pointed out this isn't true.  You've then moved the goal posts and substituting your offense as some kind of debate point.  To be frank, I don't think the problem is ele being forced into melee range.  I think that you just want to complain about things.

except you specifically suggested a build that fell into the categories i previously said i didn't like, which you quoted in the post you offered the suggestion.. that's not me moving the goal posts. that's you ignoring the goal posts and handing me a ball from the wrong sport.

1 hour ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

I think the issues is all ranged is also melee but melee is melee only. Wvw in a game type that you need to be able to swich from melee to ranged and back to melee at any moment of combat and seging. If your class lacks a wepon swap or kits (conja weapons do not cover this) your going to run into no use at part of the game that other classes simply don't have to deal with. If your ranged on ele is too slow it become very ineffective at melee (staff is too slow and scpter is too flank-able) hammer is better but its often too short of ranged Spear seems better but it may fall into the too slow.

Ele is forsed into an combat type that cant be fixed unless you get out of combat. Maybe if we see conja weapons get some real updates to being a real self contained wepon.

It dose not help gw2 rewards class chose for having free hp and def but nothing for power and healing so ele is at an already disadvantaged. At one point there was some balancing around this but classes have been balanced out with the same mind set of out put and skill use so this system that the game has started with is VERY out dated.