Modify Existing Decorations Non-Functional

I didn't see this on the list of known issues.  I'll describe the problem and provide a video of it as well.

As the title states, the tools for "modify existing decorations" are not functioning.  I can use the identical tools in "place new decoration" without issue, but once that object is placed I am unable to use the tools in "modify existing decorations" to change anything about it.  The UI elements for manipulating the object appear the same as they do when placing the decoration, but interacting with them does nothing.  I am also unable to select objects other than my most recently placed object to manipulate.

Maybe I am somehow doing something wrong or not understanding how this is supposed to work?  Here's a video clip:

Facing the same issue! Seems like for some people it works, for others it doesn't unfortunately

This bug also gets you stuck in "confirm modification", you can't select another decoration anymore until leaving and rejoining the homestead

Thank you Kisa & Rynn. Your tip works for me too, but only for used decoration.
If I use a new one, I cant select another new decoration.  I always to close and reopen the decoration mode to use a new decoration.
And if you have duplicate items, you can't select others.

Very buggy!

Edited by AsukaNeo.3926

Did this get fixed? If not you either have to disable locked ground targeting or have to close both the decorations list and get out of decoration mode. Didn't see you turn off decoration mode once. The first, targeting is based on selected object so it acts weird. The second, the decoration kit bugged and the server doesn't think you are actually in that mode. Might have to go relog on the character.

Edited by Eloc Freidon.5692
  • Sad 1

Also same bug for me since day one, I tried logging into my account on other machines and found the same problem. Had other players jump into my home and move decorations fine, even logged into a different account and it was fine so I knew it wasn't my hardware and was curious how it could only apply on to a certain player base. I was gonna fool around today with different options.....

BUT you absolutely solved it, the problem is with instant casting and switching it temporarily while decorating does the job. Fingers crossed they fix it soon as support was useless.