List of Homestead bugs noticed by players

On 9/23/2024 at 12:05 AM, Sugar Min.5834 said:

The reason is rushed and unpolished work. The most obvious one is that Wintersday Gift Tree. This is why many players rather wait a little longer for a good finished product. And so many homestead bugs not fixed, waiting for next xpac update? Sure.

I personally think that the homestead has this many issues because they've tried this new thing, combining crafting with the mastery system and made the mistake to time gate the homestead mastery. I think a lot of problems could have been avoided if they'd allowed us to fully unlock the mastery, making all recipes and whatever else is still hidden/locked available except for the festival recipes.

If we'd been able to fully unlock it then I bet fixing bugs would have been easier for them too, because I guess they now have to work with and around those restrictions as well? Idk. 

Of course this doesn't apply to all bugs, the misaligned wintersday tree being an example. xD

On 9/22/2024 at 10:35 AM, Xash.1075 said:

When I unlocked the Bearkin Harvesting Techniques mastery, I thought I would get a small number of Janthir materials in the homestead, but it has been a few days now and I haven't seen anything. Is this a bug or does the Homestead not count as a Janthir map even though it rewards Janthir xp?

According to Wiki:

It Grants a very low chance to get extra resources from any gathering node in Janthir:

1–2 Honey Flower or 1–2 Lowland Pine Logs in Lowland Shore

1–2 Charged Titan Ore or 1–2 Rotted Titan Amber in Janthir Syntri

I seriously hope the wait for the next 'drip fed' update is worth it. Hope they properly fix all or at least 90% of the homestead/GH decoration bugs reported in this forum. Please, please do a good one and not adding more bugs or fix A and break B and C and then we gotta wait for another 3 months for fixes on fixes 🤕 I hope things are settling down and the next xpac update will not bring in too many bugs, we already have many, too many unfixed ones in the game. This expansion also bugged Guild Hall decorations, big bugs like disappearing decorations and muted holo dancers.

Edited by Sugar Min.5834
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So a few days ago, I managed to make a small alcove behind a rock, over the water (used some solid rugs as floor) on a friend's homestead. I think they did something to the map, I can't add anything to that place, and the things that were already there can't be modified anymore.

https://imgur.com/a/Xu1Lxww

I just checked, and I think they reduced the area so you can only place stuff inside the rim around the homestead if you're not the owner.

I'm seriously disappointed with both this change and the previous material change where you can't share materials anymore.

Edited by Makross.5027

9 hours ago, Makross.5027 said:

So a few days ago, I managed to make a small alcove behind a rock, over the water (used some solid rugs as floor) on a friend's homestead. I think they did something to the map, I can't add anything to that place, and the things that were already there can't be modified anymore.

https://imgur.com/a/Xu1Lxww

I just checked, and I think they reduced the area so you can only place stuff inside the rim around the homestead if you're not the owner.

I'm seriously disappointed with both this change and the previous material change where you can't share materials anymore.

When you tried to edit the area the second time, did your friend re-enable the friend decorating? That is something they have to turn on each time.

7 hours ago, BloodyRiz.5279 said:

When you tried to edit the area the second time, did your friend re-enable the friend decorating? That is something they have to turn on each time.

Yes. You get an error message about not being able to put down decorations, and selecting ones already placed they turn red and can't be edited.