Anyone else noticing spear auto attacks being interceptable?

Both warrior and ranger spear skill 1 seems to hit the first enemy in its path and stop.

Normally (with explicit exception), targeted projectile attacks will ignore enemies in its path and hit the enemy you have targeted. 

We were trying to push KC's core around, and the adds were blocking our spear attacks. Very frustrating. 

• Confused 2

Not sure why someone was confused with your post. Too many words with more than one syllable perhaps.

In any event, I've noticed that the spear skill 1 (necro) is sporadic. At times it won't autotrigger. And when it does hit, it does exactly as you posted. Four enemies in a line and it only hits the furthest one.

I was in WvW last night commander taking a break, I was spamming guardian spear and jumping up and down, I might be dumb but have jumps always interrupted auto attacks or is it just spear, probably not related but reading this reminded me I found it odd

46 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

That is not true. If a projectile doesn't pierce, it will hit the first object or enemy in its path. Which weapon are you thinking of that goes thru an enemy to hit the target behind it?

i believe water trident has this tech. however, it specifically requires a target to fire (and also fails to appear when targeting structures) which makes it a bit of unique case

i wouldnt be surprised if there are unique or other similar skills that function similarly. however, in this case warrior and ranger spear #1 (ranged) does seem like it should be able to be body blocked 

1 hour ago, Noodle Ant.1605 said:

i believe water trident has this tech. however, it specifically requires a target to fire (and also fails to appear when targeting structures) which makes it a bit of unique case

i wouldnt be surprised if there are unique or other similar skills that function similarly. however, in this case warrior and ranger spear #1 (ranged) does seem like it should be able to be body blocked 

The only other I can think of is mesmer greatsword aa.