Full Counter Needs to go or nerfed

ANet may think full counter is totally okay.. it is not.

It needs rework just like how anet reworked stealth on thieves..

Warrior's spearmarshal's support and Harrier's toss needs damage toned down too...

I am literally one shotting people in PVP.... I have hit people with spearmarshal's for 21k.. and Harrier's toss for 18k.... 

This isn't normal! 

Something is broken in the warrior right now... 

Partnering these with full counter and Defiant stance...

Defiance stance needs adjustment too.. 

Edited by Sinister.5792
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

On 9/1/2024 at 12:39 AM, Sinister.5792 said:

Warrior's spearmarshal's support and Harrier's toss needs damage toned down too...

I am literally one shotting people in PVP.... I have hit people with spearmarshal's for 21k.. and Harrier's toss for 18k.... 

This isn't normal! 

1 - totally agree. compairing 12 (reducedable to 8.75 with Discipline) cooldown skill that nulls 1st hit, evades, dazes for 2 seconds, resets a separate cooldown and activates majority of warrior's trait interactions to warr's spear 5 which has 20 sec cooldown, requires a skill expression (Timing) to reduce its cooldown down to 14 seconds, has shorter duration CC, synergizes with half the traits Counter does, only hits in front not in 360 around the user, takes away player controll at the end of animation, can't give boons or transfer conditions, and can't itself be reset with a trait, is a joke not a compairson.

SPB's F2 is just 3x better spear 5 on half the cooldown, and avaliable regardless of weapon set. It's compleltly idiotic, that this thing doesnt have 20+ sec cooldown.

2 - stealth in GW2 is still criminally unfun to play against. That's not the best compairson.

3 - currently due to weapon passive they both do 25% more damage against initial (closest to the centre of the AoE) target, while most other skills only enjoy 10% increase in the same circumstance. - I'm a strong proponent of at least shaving those increases down to 10%. - at best putting dofferent effects on passive like spear 3 and 5 have.

4 - on SPB? How? i only seen ehis kinds of damage on full glass berserker with maxed voulnerability and 20+ stacks of might?
Can you please share the build and circumstances of thease numbers being archieved? I wanna test them myself.

5- "right now" in this sentence implies there was a time when warrior wasn't a broken mess.
Off of top of my head:
- Sygnet of Fury has a casttime, despite none being stated on the tooltip.
- Crack Shot reduces cooldown of ONE skill (rifle 4).
- Versitile Power's burst CD reduction is applied to Full Couter twice.
- Flurry tooltip displays seven different instances of false information.
- Dragon Slash - Reach, Flaming Flurry and Distrupting Throw, frequently bug out on terrain, leading to frequent reproducable no-regs.
And that's only few, out of +/- hundred fifty gameplay altering bugs warrior suffers from.
Warrior is only aknowledged, when one or few of his bugs make him overpowered for once.

6- In general Stances need adjustment. with Last Stand increasing their duration, they make some of the most brainded builds in the game, unfortunatly, warrior doesn't have much going on under the hood, once you strip away the owerpowered bits.
Truely a sad state of affairs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Crapface.7528 said:

1 - totally agree. compairing 12 (reducedable to 8.75 with Discipline) cooldown skill that nulls 1st hit, evades, dazes for 2 seconds, resets a separate cooldown and activates majority of warrior's trait interactions to warr's spear 5 which has 20 sec cooldown, requires a skill expression (Timing) to reduce its cooldown down to 14 seconds, has shorter duration CC, synergizes with half the traits Counter does, only hits in front not in 360 around the user, takes away player controll at the end of animation, can't give boons or transfer conditions, and can't itself be reset with a trait, is a joke not a compairson.

SPB's F2 is just 3x better spear 5 on half the cooldown, and avaliable regardless of weapon set. It's compleltly idiotic, that this thing doesnt have 20+ sec cooldown.

2 - stealth in GW2 is still criminally unfun to play against. That's not the best compairson.

3 - currently due to weapon passive they both do 25% more damage against initial (closest to the centre of the AoE) target, while most other skills only enjoy 10% increase in the same circumstance. - I'm a strong proponent of at least shaving those increases down to 10%. - at best putting dofferent effects on passive like spear 3 and 5 have.

4 - on SPB? How? i only seen ehis kinds of damage on full glass berserker with maxed voulnerability and 20+ stacks of might?
Can you please share the build and circumstances of thease numbers being archieved? I wanna test them myself.

5- "right now" in this sentence implies there was a time when warrior wasn't a broken mess.
Off of top of my head:
- Sygnet of Fury has a casttime, despite none being stated on the tooltip.
- Crack Shot reduces cooldown of ONE skill (rifle 4).
- Versitile Power's burst CD reduction is applied to Full Couter twice.
- Flurry tooltip displays seven different instances of false information.
- Dragon Slash - Reach, Flaming Flurry and Distrupting Throw, frequently bug out on terrain, leading to frequent reproducable no-regs.
And that's only few, out of +/- hundred fifty gameplay altering bugs warrior suffers from.
Warrior is only aknowledged, when one or few of his bugs make him overpowered for once.

6- In general Stances need adjustment. with Last Stand increasing their duration, they make some of the most brainded builds in the game, unfortunatly, warrior doesn't have much going on under the hood, once you strip away the owerpowered bits.
Truely a sad state of affairs.

Add song of rivers relic to this to reduce cds further. No idea why they made such a relic and on dodge 😂.

• Like 3

On 8/31/2024 at 5:39 PM, Sinister.5792 said:

This isn't normal! 

NOOOO DONT NERF FULLCOUNTER. NERF SPEAR AND STAFF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

Wasn't spl dog poo before staff? Just seems odd people are getting all upperty now that (even if new weapons are over tuned) warrior has something useful for once 

Before staf we had Hammmer SPB, and before that dagger-shieald + GS spb which was consistently best or second best warrior build for like 3 years straight.

Only moments where SPB wasn't the best warrior speck in PVP since before EoD, were One month of Condi Zerker dominance (cut short by nerfs to everything except what made the build broken and unfun - Akeem Relic + Skullgrinder), and 3 ish months of Tanksworn (which was nerfed so bad, next to noone plays it anymore.) 

Edited by Captain Crapface.7528
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Captain Crapface.7528 said:

Before staf we had Hammmer SPB, and before that dagger-shieald + GS spb which was consistently best or second best warrior build for like 3 years straight.

Dont see how it wasnt poo, for those 3 years. Rest of war was just even more poo.

4 hours ago, Captain Crapface.7528 said:

Only moments where SPB wasn't the best warrior speck in PVP since before EoD, were One month of Condi Zerker dominance (cut short by nerfs to everything except what made the build broken and unfun - Akeem Relic + Skullgrinder), and 3 ish months of Tanksworn (which was nerfed so bad, next to noone plays it anymore.) 

yeah but, my point was didnt everything else beat said above builds up hard? may not condi berserker.

28 minutes ago, Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

yeah but, my point was didnt everything else beat said above builds up hard? may not condi berserker.

Spb always was at least capable of 1 v 1 ing other meta duelists, which cannot be said about two other warrior specks.

You know, having two signature bursts, be both unblockable by default is a huge advantage, SPB enjoyed for years. And before old Resistance was split into new resistance and resolution, he had a period of time while he was completly condition immune, cous he easyly arcieved 100% resistance uptime.

3 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Dont see how it wasnt poo, for those 3 years. Rest of war was just even more poo.

He wasn't GODTIER META DESTROYER OF WORDS, but wasn't kitten either.

You could always outplay with Counter, and GS 3, evade.

The game was also more tame in general, so his tools were more valuable, than they are now.

1 hour ago, Captain Crapface.7528 said:

He wasn't GODTIER META DESTROYER OF WORDS, but wasn't kitten either.

You could always outplay with Counter, and GS 3, evade.

The game was also more tame in general, so his tools were more valuable, than they are now.

Meh, if you put more effort than your opponent, yeah. Core ranger was easier and more effective as a sidenode. And I've had plenty of problems with staff mirage. Fire weaver was also an endless duel, give or take. And that is assuming few or no kitten ups on my end. And the moment thief showed up you got deleted, if you werent running already.