Woad Armor

On 8/22/2024 at 9:14 AM, Ashantara.8731 said:

Oh, I was wondering how that one can be obtained. After looking up all three armor sets, though, I need to say that the one in the Homestead is the only one worth acquiring. 😄 The Titanplate is the worst, the Woad looks weird, but the Polychromatic one - correctly dyed - looks like a medieval knight's armor, which I find very cool!

Are there pics up somewhere, or do I have to wait for the Wiki to be updated? 

21 hours ago, Zahark.7610 said:

I'm really sad that the best looking armor (Woad) from the expansion and the only one that changes based on armor weight

I think this is a step backwards. It was really nice getting Rift Stalker (Medium) and Astral Ward (Light) armour that could be used on all weight classes to broaden out appearance customization.

If I remember correctly, the big coding hang-up is because of Medium coding trenchcoats; so it'd be nice if ANet revisited that coding, brought it up to be consistent across all weight classes, but I know that's delving deep into the spaghetti.

• Confused 2

I don't understand why this would be locked behind wvw. As a way to get people to play wvw maybe? I doubt more than a handful of players will replay a reward track 6 times to get a single set of this new armor. And I can imagine even regular wvw players are not a big fan of activating the same reward track that many times.

Why put so much time and effort into such beautiful armor sets just to waste it like this?

Sometimes I really don't understand arenanets decisions.

Such a waste. Why not lock it behind some map currency specific currency so people can grind it out on the new maps and enjoy the expansion instead 

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

Please please please give us another way to get the Woad Armor set! I so badly want to play this expansion story with it on, but the thought of grinding a WvW track 18 times completely turns me away from even wanting to obtain it. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 7

I wish it will stay as it is, let WvW players have something extra. 

But if they decide to make some new way of getting it, it will probably take months, just so you know. Better play the story in some other armor :). If not then good news, you only need to do track 6 times since you can use all 18 pieces on one character.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

2 minutes ago, cookimyun.4316 said:

the thought of grinding a WvW track 18 times completely turns me away from even wanting to obtain it. 

Yeah, Anet needs to stop baiting people this way, all this does is gets people in WvW that don't wanna be there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

I wish it will stay as it is, let WvW players have something extra. 

But if they decide to make some new way of getting it, it will probably take months, just so you know. Better play the story in some other armor :). If not then good news, you only need to do track 6 times since you can use all 18 pieces on one character.

You say have something extra, but why? I don't see why it needs to be a "catered to" thing at all. Why not just make everyone happy and allow it through WvW, PVP and PVE?

(First time I'm using these forums and realized I didn't quote correctly, sorry!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, cookimyun.4316 said:

You say have something extra, but why? I don't see why it needs to be a "catered to" thing at all. Why not just make everyone happy and allow it through WvW, PVP and PVE?

(First time I'm using these forums and realized I didn't quote correctly, sorry!)

Exactly for the reason you said, because majority of items we can get ONLY in PvE.

Sure, if we could get everything from all 3 game modes, then none would complain but it is way too late for that now after 12 years. Anet probably wants players to play all modes, which really makes sense from dev perspective. And people simply like "exclusive" items/skins.

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

Just now, Cernoch.8524 said:

Exactly for the reason you said, because majority of items we can get ONLY in PvE.

Sure, if we could get everything from all 3 game modes, then none would complain but it is way too late for that now after 12 years. Anet probably wants players to play all modes, which really makes sense from dev perspective. And people simply like "exclusive" items/skins.

I can understand that, but Woad armor is a very weird choice to make exclusive. You're playing the story and seeing all the Kodan wearing it, just to discover that you only get it through WvW? It's just so disappointing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

I can understand that, but Woad armor is a very weird choice to make exclusive. You're playing the story and seeing all the Kodan wearing it, just to discover that you only get it through WvW? It's just so disappointing. 

It is, I did not expect it either. Maybe it was because in previous expansion WvW players did not really get much besides reward track.

Btw, even if they made everything accessible from all modes, there is no way it would require same work or same money, so people would complain anyway. Why WvW players have it harder to get this and that, why it cost more to get it from PvE and so on. 

So at the end it is probably the best to just have one way of getting it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Seems odd to have a set WvW only - with something not focused on WvW (the PvE expansion). Does it have a specific reward track? Named "Woad Armor reward track"?) If not (if it is named "Janthir Wilds" or "Lowlands" or something like that) it would be more indicating a different way to obtain certain armor. The WvW unique stuff has own reward track names.

Then maybe they forgot to put it in. Maybe you were supposed to get it by doing the story? (I saw in the wiki other sets that come with recipes but the story did not award anythign yet. Pre-Soto we usually had stuff where you got a skin box at story steps.)

Also it would be super weird to add yet more exclusive stuff to WvW when PvP actually could need a bit more. (WvW already has more there.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

It is, I did not expect it either. Maybe it was because in previous expansion WvW players did not really get much besides reward track.

Btw, even if they made everything accessible from all modes, there is no way it would require same work or same money, so people would complain anyway. Why WvW players have it harder to get this and that, why it cost more to get it from PvE and so on. 

So at the end it is probably the best to just have one way of getting it. 

I could agree with this if Anet didn't make such odd choices with what is locked and what isn't. I could understand one of the other two armors being WvW exclusive, but the Woad armor is sooooo strange to me. You would think that it would be a recipe through the heart vendors that you unlock or something like that, but no, it's something completely unrelated to the story and PVE maps?? :,(((

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

I do not know, it was just my silly joke. You wanted to do story with that armor on so you only need it 6 times for that one character.

nooo!! dont joke with me like that, I'm already heart broken!! 💔  

• Confused 3

nooo!! dont joke with me like that, I'm already heart broken!! 💔  

Time to play WvW, it is fun, trust me 😉.

In one video from someone who got early access to try JW he said it will be WvW exclusive so my guess is it is intented. For now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

6 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Seems odd to have a set WvW only - with something not focused on WvW (the PvE expansion). Does it have a specific reward track? Named "Woad Armor reward track"?) If not (if it is named "Janthir Wilds" or "Lowlands" or something like that) it would be more indicating a different way to obtain certain armor. The WvW unique stuff has own reward track names.

Then maybe they forgot to put it in. Maybe you were supposed to get it by doing the story? (I saw in the wiki other sets that come with recipes but the story did not award anythign yet. Pre-Soto we usually had stuff where you got a skin box at story steps.)

Also it would be super weird to add yet more exclusive stuff to WvW when PvP actually could need a bit more. (WvW already has more there.)

Yeah! These were my exact thoughts. It's just called Janthir Wilds and doesn't give you any information on if it's in the last chest or not, so we only found out from players completing it. It's so mysterious and hidden for no reason!!! Like why!!!?? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Cernoch.8524 said:

Time to play WvW, it is fun, trust me 😉.

In one video from someone who got early access to try JW he said it will be WvW exclusive so my guess is it is intented. For now.

Ngl, I do hope it changes because I recently did it for Gift of Battle to craft Xiquatl and it made me want to explode... guess I have no choice though.. 😞 Wish me luck..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Yeah! These were my exact thoughts. It's just called Janthir Wilds and doesn't give you any information on if it's in the last chest or not, so we only found out from players completing it. It's so mysterious and hidden for no reason!!! Like why!!!?? 

The last chest is indeed missing any information about whats inside unlike other chests. But generally skins are always in the last box.

But weird is that WvW and PvP always had same track for each expansion (usually only 1 track lately) which means track in PvP should have the armor too no? But then it would not be exclusive from WvW....strange. I did not check PvP tracks so I am not sure.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cookimyun.4316 said:

Ngl, I do hope it changes because I recently did it for Gift of Battle to craft Xiquatl and it made me want to explode... guess I have no choice though.. 😞 Wish me luck..

What server are you on?