Supreme Rune of Holding is too expensive

8 hours ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

You start with 5 slots and a character-bound 20 slots bag.

Why some players want bigger inventories is irrelevant. There are no universal answer to what people want, or why they want it.

True, but then some complaints are also irrelevant.

If there is no logical or reasonable basis for a complaint or argument, that complaint/argument most of the times goes out the window.

Some players want to avoid the gemstore for various reasons. Some consider it "cheating". Some dislike the idea of a gemstore. Some don't want to buy bag slots because they're not account-wide unlocks. The reasons should not factor because ArenaNet present the gem store as cosmetic & convenience only, not something mandatory to interact with.

Sure, but the developers design some content around the gemstore being available.

If players decide that they want more bag space, but also decide that they refuse to buy bag slots with their resources, that will obviously throw their cost-benefit analysis out the window.

Which is why most convenience item are thousand times the value of the in game items.
It would take around 4.3 million salvage with a copper-fed salvage kit for one to recoup the gold they would have made by converting the gem to gold instead and using basic salvage kits. That would complete Agent of Entropy 21 500 times.

Yes, obviously the worth of that item is not valued in ROI. Which in its self is a good thing, unless you want to break EVERYTHING down to: when will I make my gold back. That concept is okay for some things, but there needs to be other reasons as to why players might desire an item.

Upgrading bags from 20 to 32 slots is more expensive than buying bag slot expansion in the gemstore.

On top of that, you can use 10 bag slots expansions per character now. With 20 slots bags, you can reach 300 slots using them.

Meanwhile a player that do not use them would only be able to reach 5 × 32 = 160 slots, barely above half, and for an outrageously bigger cost.
That's why I want the cost per slot to be below gemstore equivalent.

Yes, going for 32 slot bags is inherently "not worth it" from a cost perspective.

From a game play perspective there are reasonable alternatives so it is not needed.

32 slot bags are thus luxury items and are priced as such.

Additionnally, I despise gambling in a video game that welcome teenagers, but we won't see the game remove ecto gambling nor become "adult only" rated in the foreseeable future. So I want ecto gambling to be as negatively attractive as possible. That's an other reason why I want alternative sources for these runes.

Agreed, but given ecto gambling servers a established purpose in this game, I doubt we will see it go even IF more alternatives to Superior Runes of Holding were added.

• Confused 2

13 hours ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

Pretty sure by middle bag was meant 24 and 28....and both of those require supreme runes.

But these are not "the middle bags", at best the 24 one might scrape on that category (but probably still not).

13 hours ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

Why some players want bigger inventories is irrelevant. There are no universal answer to what people want, or why they want it.

It is relevant, considering we're discussing the price ranges and how necessary they are as upgrades for majority of players or even at all.

13 hours ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

Some players want to avoid the gemstore for various reasons. Some consider it "cheating". Some dislike the idea of a gemstore. Some don't want to buy bag slots because they're not account-wide unlocks. The reasons should not factor because ArenaNet present the gem store as cosmetic & convenience only, not something mandatory to interact with.

They consider spending gold for gems for bag slot from gemstore to be "cheating", but spending gold on tp to buy the rune instead of getting it themselves is ok? I would understand it if there was no gold to gem trade, but there is so I don't understand that line of argumentation at all.
Arenanet presents the gemstore as cosmetic and convenience only... and that's the category bag slots fall into. It's not mandatory at all, so not sure where this one came from either? It's easly enough to slap 20-slot bags in the default bag slots on most characters for regular gameplay, hence the question what do those players need it for and you trying to dismiss the question with "it's irrelevant" doesn't really make it irrelevant. It is relevant because you're trying to suggest buying bag slots is mandatory when it really isn't.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

But these are not "the middle bags", at best the 24 one might scrape on that category (but probably still not).

But in the context we were talking about it is. We talk about supreme runes of holding and that every other bag size has its own rune except 24, 28 and 32. He mentioned that if we have 3 different runes for those bag size prices would spread out better, therefore it would help with demand and supply. People who would make 32 slot bags would not affect people who want to make 28 slot bags (middle bags). Middle bags that use supreme runes of holding right now you know. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

52 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

He mentioned that if we have 3 different runes for those bag size prices would spread out better, therefore it would help with demand and supply.

I believe that as far as Anet is concerned, this is working as intended.   What would be to their benefit to make any changes to the existing set up?  Would Anet gain?

• Confused 2

46 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I believe that as far as Anet is concerned, this is working as intended.   What would be to their benefit to make any changes to the existing set up?  Would Anet gain?

I never said they should do that, neither I said I want it. I just said it is the difference compare to any bags up to 20 slot. Therefore the math made in one of the posts here does not make much sense. It would work ONLY if each bag size has its own rune.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I'll admit that I miss when Supremes were less than 10g each. But I don't expect the price yo drop that much again.

I also will admit that I'd like them to be less RNG , as I've done over 60 convergences (I'm more casual) and never received the rune as a drop in that game mode, ever. ( there could be a guaranteed few rewarded across the number of convergence achievements, such as another tier of the weekly and/ or the main repeatable of 100 completions. ) I've also gambled thousands of gold in the Oasis, and never received one there, either. 

What should the price be? I don't know. I just haven't bought many recently because I wanted other things gor the money, and because 8g each is a lot less than 16g each. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1