Let's say, theoretically, I wanted to refund Janthir Wilds...

Just now, Bladestrom.6425 said:

As I said Anet were very generous in giving you a refund, good for them. 

Agreed. Good work, Anet. 

there is nothing to 'tolerate'   I personally find the self entitled 'its not my fault' culture is extremely damaging, and that is why it is called out.

I find reacting to changes in balance direction not as self-entitled as you do, but I am also willing to accept that title -and- the call out. Eso si que es~

I bought an orange once, and it was just way more bitter than I expected, so therefore i'm entitled to a refund!   Extrapolate out if everyone done this.  

It's more like you bought an orange and the moment you got out of a store the clerk put you in a gentle headlock and replaced that orange with a grapefruit. It's not "you bought a thing but didnt enjoy the thing" it's "you bought a thing, you enjoyed the thing, the thing was changed, you don't enjoy the new thing." If they'd replaced it with a different orange, I would have been praising them for going the extra mile to make sure I was satisfied for them correcting whatever problem the first orange had -and- making me whole. 

• Confused 6

3 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

It's more like you bought an orange and the moment you got out of a store the clerk put you in a gentle headlock and replaced that orange with a grapefruit. It's not "you bought a thing but didnt enjoy the thing" it's "you bought a thing, you enjoyed the thing, the thing was changed, you don't enjoy the new thing." If they'd replaced it with a different orange, I would have been praising them for going the extra mile to make sure I was satisfied for them correcting whatever problem the first orange had -and- making me whole. 

hardly.  balance was an issue for the past 12 years in GW2 and will continue for the next 12 years, the orange is still an orange,  The issue is your lack of knowledge and perception.

Edited by Bladestrom.6425
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

hardly.  balance was an issue for the past and will continue for the next 12 years in Gw2, the orange is still an orange,  The issue is your lack of knowledge and perception.

Wouldn't you be annoyed if the above scenario happened, and someone's response was "nah you're not squinting hard enough, it's an orange" ?

Just hypothetically. I'd be annoyed. 

• Confused 5

Just now, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Wouldn't you be annoyed if the above scenario happened, and someone's response was "nah you're not squinting hard enough, it's an orange" ?

Just hypothetically. I'd be annoyed. 

i was actually annoyed with spear, pistol, hammer for ele, all of which i paid for.  I still knew however balance could be an issue, that's the nature of the game genre.  BTW if you took an orange to the checkout, and in this universe it is actually an orange, no-one can say its a grapefruit.  your strawman applies to a universe of magic.

• Like 3

i was actually annoyed with spear, pistol, hammer for ele, all of which i paid for.  I still knew however balance could be an issue, that's the nature of the game genre.  BTW if you took an orange to the checkout, and in this universe it is actually an orange, no-one can say its a grapefruit.  your strawman applies to a universe of magic.

The argument was not that complicated, bro.

• Confused 5

7 minutes ago, Bladestrom.6425 said:

interesting dodge.

I didn't dodge anything, I just don't feel it's worthwhile to point out how silly introducing additional elements into my argument while calling it a strawman is. I'm not going to hold you to the argument for theatrics. The point was made. Having to assert the hypothetical can only work in some magical universe and that you can discount the argument because of that is strange. If a store clerk did that to you, you'd ask for a refund in most cases. If someone nearby insisted the object you got was the same as the one you purchased, you'd be annoyed, most likely; especially if you knew it wasn't.

should i demand a refund as well because spear, hammer and pistol don't work in pvp for ele?

I'm not your financial advisor, but if you bought the expansion for those weapons, they worked in those applications when you bought them, and now they don't, that option should exist for you, especially if you bought them recently. There apparently is an avenue for doing so (discernment of which was the point of this thread)

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I didn't dodge anything, I just don't feel it's worthwhile to point out how silly introducing additional elements into my argument while calling it a strawman is. I'm not going to hold you to the argument for theatrics. The point was made. 

I'm not your financial advisor, but if you bought the expansion for those weapons, they worked in those applications when you bought them, and now they don't, that option should exist for you, especially if you bought them recently. There apparently is an avenue for doing so (discernment of which was the point of this thread)

and this is why the western economy is teetering.