Severe Music Bug in Instanced Group Content (no music)

It appears that it is a proximity-related issue.

once you are near the boss the music just stops, when you are far it plays normally.

Look here on Sabetha, while she ported away from the main platform I'm having no issues. But once she is back to the main platform the music stops.

Edited by Ultra Tron.2306
  • Thanks 4

12 hours ago, Ultra Tron.2306 said:

I'm having the exact issue. What kind of headphones are you using?

None, unless I play with other people on voice chat. I have a set of Creative stereo speakers.

It is not a hardware or software issue, it is a "ANet broke something" issue. 😉 

12 hours ago, Ultra Tron.2306 said:

It appears that it is a proximity-related issue.

once you are near the boss the music just stops, when you are far it plays normally.

Look here on Sabetha, while she ported away from the main platform I'm having no issues. But once she is back to the main platform the music stops.

Thanks for posting some proof. I hope this will get fixed. Very weird bug indeed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Ashantara.8731 changed the title to Severe Music Bug in Instanced Group Content (no music)

Oddly enough, I have been noticing in some places my music dips out and comes back lower volume, I thought it was some other players effect, but it just happened sat with just 3 other players who didnt use anything. This has happened mostly in Divinity's reach, but it just happened to me in a guild hall too.

This has been happening to me since the expansion launched. Music randomly cuts out and even dialogue in cutscenes does the same. Not that big of a deal for me but just wanted to post it anyway.

16 hours ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

Check your in game settings, make sure sound quality is not on low, at low it cuts half the dialog and some music. If it's not on low, try to set it to low then high again see if it gets unstuck.

The option has been removed and now that i read this it might be what's happening to me.

Edited by Geronmy.3298

So after a few days living with this bug, I noticed that not every wing actually suffers from this.

W1 is fully affected by it

W2 is fine except for Matthias above 40% for some reason.

W3, W4, W5 and I think W6 is also affected. not sure about W7

AH and XJJ suffer.

OLC, HT, KO are fine. Not sure about ToF and CO

Edited by Ultra Tron.2306
  • Like 3

It seems to be related to fights where the music changes dynamically with what phase the boss is in (i.e. in Sunqua Peak, the music will be gone throughout the elemental portion of the boss fight where it usually has certain beats it hits as certain things happen, but in the dark half of the CM fight the music will return because it doesn't change with phases there)

• Like 2

I'll also submit that this doesn't just happen in instanced combat, but also open world bosses and events as well where the music changes. I've had this happen at Triple Trouble and Shadow Behemoth just to name a couple. Interestingly, I've noticed that sometimes it seems to fade in and out if I move back and forth, as though the music gets locked to a certain location and its 'source' isn't always moving with the player properly.

• Like 1