Mr. Quiggles = Missed Opportunity?

I'm surprised at how Mr. Quiggles turned out. The cubs go on and on about a toy with wings and we go get wings for him ... but no wings on the toy? The biggest disappointment.
(He could have been a great JADE BOT if only he had wings!)

Also, it's the same stuffed quaggan from the Wintersday decorations. They didn't even change the colour of his bow. I'm not sure if this is intentional? Like, all those stuffed quaggans we've been seeing all these years have all been Mr. Quiggles?

Lastly, make a real life plush Mr. Quiggles for the merch store. I'm sure it would sell well this Xmas. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Yes, yes

Support my whin... I mean bug report: 

What I would like to add is that there is simply no end to this disappointment and I'm not even a little kid.

I have collected the finest and softest sheep's wool hair, personally shorn the sheep and kept only the most beautiful strands.

And what comes out of it? Some horrible artificially colored stuffed animal, like some plastic toy from a random toy store.

In my mind's eye, the new Mr. Quiggles looked very different.
Soft, woolly fur. Natural hair. No over-colored, contaminated toy. The cute little white rounded wings that you can also buy as gliders. No bow. Bows are for adults.

Edited by Tula.6021
  • Confused 2

As for how it came out, yeah I can see that being a disappointment. But in regards to all the toys we've seen in the past, the whole reason the kodan want us to make me quiggles is that they have heard of a toy that's really popular in Tyria. That's the wintersday decoration. 

• Like 1

I think you grossly overestimate the scope of what Mr. Quiggles was meant to be. It's just pop culture reference, nothing grand or ambitious like you seem to infer. Build-a-Quaggan is a play at build-a-bear, but obviously it couldn't be a bear because with the Kodan, there's no novelty to bears because everyone's already a bear. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, GeraldBC.4927 said:

I think you grossly overestimate the scope of what Mr. Quiggles was meant to be. It's just pop culture reference, nothing grand or ambitious like you seem to infer. Build-a-Quaggan is a play at build-a-bear, but obviously it couldn't be a bear because with the Kodan, there's no novelty to bears because everyone's already a bear. 

Humans play with human dolls. Even adults :x

Also you apparently didn't do the quest otherwise you'd have expected something else.

On 9/12/2024 at 4:56 PM, Tula.6021 said:

Also you apparently didn't do the quest otherwise you'd have expected something else.

I did all the side stories including that one. But I don't see the grand story implications, it just ended with the bears rationalizing how the plushes will totally improve troop morale. I looked up the locations because with some of them the hint doesn't lead you to it at all. That sheep one in Gendarran Fields, how did the first people to do it figure that one out? How were you supposed to guess that the sheep farm is some guy behind the beetle racing guy and not near any of the actual farms or settlements?

• Like 1

On 9/14/2024 at 12:44 AM, GeraldBC.4927 said:

it just ended with the bears rationalizing how the plushes will totally improve troop morale

That's how it started the whole thing. That's why you were sent out for the parts in the first place.

On 9/14/2024 at 12:44 AM, GeraldBC.4927 said:

But I don't see the grand story implications

The quest itself is the story about creating a plush with wings and at the end you get nothing of it.

Or what did you think happens when you hear all kids say they like things with wings and you then being tasked to go and get wings?

Did you really do the quest or just wiki-check-it-off?

Edited by Tula.6021

On 9/11/2024 at 9:34 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

My only gripe with Mr. Quiggles is that we cannot place him on our bed(s) in our Homestead. He is condemned to spend his life in a barn where he does not fit.

Exactly, I would have expected a Mr. Quiggles decoration I could freely place for the decorate-your-homestead expansion and not a fixed place unlock that showed up before I even found the collection.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tula.6021 said:

The quest itself is the story about creating a plush with wings and at the end you get nothing of it.

I got that part, but I don't see the grand story implication here. It seemed like a joke collection at the time and it still does now.