All chests from Janthir Syntri meta should be lootable

It makes no sense that after doing the meta I can collect only half of the chests left by the bosses while I can loot all if I join the map after other people do the meta. Doing the meta give the 2 daily chests, but the differences between those and half of the chests left by the bosses are not worth doing a 15 minutes long meta (which usually requires being 10 minutes early to be in an organised map that has a chance to complete it). This design encourages leeching.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

My guess is you're not supposed to be able to, and the ppls who were not present are not supposed to be able to, as the "you must have been present" message seems to indicate. In other words, the bug is that you can open all chests, not that you can't . . .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Yeah, I agree that the design intent seems to be to only allow to loot the chest of the boss you participated at, and the fact that people not participating can loot them at all, and the character select screen bump allows to bypass it, is unintended behavior. That being said, in my personal opinion, if that is to make sense in the longterm, the individual chests should be buffed, because one set of chests is not enough for the effort to clear the meta.

• Like 3

There currently is a bug where some people can loot both (and in most cases after relogging it also works for everyone that could not loot witout a relog). This should be changed. But we also do not want to promote unfavorable gameplay ... switching and running between bosses to tag both - when the time is low.

I think there were some other events that had a port directing you to a central area ... with same loot there - for everyone that participated. Not being tied to one of the sub-bosses. Wasn't this with Triple Trouble and the Battle for LA the case?

• Like 2