Account wide Tools and Inventory/Bank view

You can use Blish HUD to search every character inventory at the same time.

As for account wide gather tools, here's what you do: get your set of infinity tools, 3 shared inventory slots. Equip all your characters with normal tools, put the infinite ones in the shared slots.

As you log in a character, open inventory, double click on your infinite tools in the shared slots, this will replace them with the normal ones, play as normal, as you're about to swap characters just open your inventory, double click the normal tools on the shared slots, this will place the infinite ones there again. Quick and easy.

While it sounds janky is a much easier process than opening your gear panel and drag and drop the infinite tools to the shared slots, which is what I see other people do, and once you get used to my described method it's quick and easy, and a lot cheaper than buying several tool sets or even an hypothetical "legendary" infinite tool that could be equipped in every character at the same time, I can only imagine something like that would be sold as individual tools at 5,000 gems each probably.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, mescalito.9524 said:

Hello,

Pls add account wide harvest tools and a way to view alt inventory and bank content from anywere.

This will make multi alt use much more easy.

Thank you.

Yeah I second that blish hush has your last request

... Well almost

From what I remember you cannot see the inventory and bank without searching for something, but you can search for items. So if you search "mystic coin" (or whatever) it will show where you have it 

Not native functionality. But blish hud is so easy to install and use that it's an easy reccommend to at least try it out if you haven't.

Edited by jokke.6239
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

You can use Blish HUD to search every character inventory at the same time.

By default or per addon/extension? Like gw2efficiency? I type 4 letters and it searches it?

5 hours ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

play as normal, as you're about to swap characters just open your inventory, double click the normal tools on the shared slots, this will place the infinite ones there again. Quick and easy.

No, that's not how it works. To me it is like this:

Log in my character, double click the infinite tools, play, log out of the character and into the next, harvest something and see that I forgot to switch tools, log out of that character, log in the previous character and switch tools, log out, log in the one I wanted and switch tools - be all annoyed because of all the hassle - and it all begins anew.

And no, it's not a thing I'll get used to. Have had those tools long enough, even 5 different sets by now that when I want my clock tool I don't even know which character I left it equipped.

I'd rather have a system like: I have my tools in the shared slots and when I, let's say, alt+drag them to a character's tool slots they get just linked to the character (not completely moved). And that link remains. That doesn't change anything for Anet, but everything for me.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Tula.6021 said:

By default or per addon/extension?

It's a module on Blish HUD, and it'll search everything, bank, material deposit and all inventories.

Log in my character, double click the infinite tools, play, log out of the character and into the next, harvest something and see that I forgot to switch tools, log out of that character, log in the previous character and switch tools, log out, log in the one I wanted and switch tools - be all annoyed because of all the hassle - and it all begins anew.

That's what's called a PEBCAK issue.

And no, it's not a thing I'll get used to. Have had those tools long enough, even 5 different sets by now that when I want my clock tool I don't even know which character I left it equipped.

Blish HUD has a module to find all your infinite tools too.

• Like 2

On 9/13/2024 at 7:40 PM, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

That's what's called a PEBCAK issue.

You say that man serves the system and not the system serves man. People have to adapt to the system and not the system (which is made by man) to people's problems.

At my work, I adapt the processes, if possible, to the employee who has the biggest problems with them. It makes my job easier in terms of control and improves the atmosphere for the employee. This certainly has its limits somewhere, but many processes don't need much for the employee with problems to cope with them.

My view is therefore the complete opposite of yours.

Be nice to people and don't just tell them they suck. What does that do to someone, huh?

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Tula.6021 said:

What does that do to someone, huh?

Pushes them to improve.

If you keep forgetting to store the infinite tools, then you're doing it wrong, imagine the hubris to demand Anet just rework a system that's been around for a decade only so you don't keep messing up.

How many people with several sets of infinite tools bought over the years would demand a refund, have you thought about that in between all the me me me... ?

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

On 9/15/2024 at 1:23 PM, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

How many people with several sets of infinite tools bought over the years would demand a refund, have you thought about that in between all the me me me... ?

Probably the same people that demanded refund for crafting 7 leg. runes when ANet gave away the leg. relic to everyone with just 1 leg. rune.
Probably the same people that whine at the moment for ANet giving them a free set of glyphs to their Janthir purchase when few other people got two sets.
There are always those people.
Shall those hinder updates?
You think there's no workaround like removing double the glyphs that could be switched for something else?  A smarter solution than what ANet did to the repair tool when removing armor repair costs.

I have several sets:

• Magic set 1
  • Magic set 2
  • Choya set
  • Skyscale set
  • my fist set when nobody told me not to spend gems on sets that have no glyphs (what did I know about glyphs fresh in the game? Nothing. Had still trouble to get the infusion system) = the useless set
  • Clockwork tool, the lucky shepard dog tool and some other separate tools I didn't buy as set
  • Eldrich set

I actively use the Skyscale Harvest Tool and Axe for Magic 1 and the Pickaxe for Magic 2. That's 3 tools out of my entire collection. While I consider half of my tools useful, I also consider half of them redundant. They are lying around and no longer serve any purpose for me.

On 9/15/2024 at 1:23 PM, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

imagine the hubris to demand Anet just rework a system that's been around for a decade only so you don't keep messing up.

They rework systems years old all the time. For the good or for the bad. Good is when they remove hassle and add QoL.

Image ANet to rework the mount system just to please me to get a mount earlier and not just when I start first PoF chapter?
Image Anet to rework the salvage system to please me that I don't have to click on each single item but can salvage in bulk?
Image ANet to add a npc that sells stats select equipment (even accessories and breathers)? That was def. just for me. As wvw player I made great use of that. Bad for those who crafted such stuff for the tp before.
Or the change to dyes back baaack then when you had to collect them and unlock them per character. What a hassle. What a money sink.

Image ANet not adjusting and updating years old systems.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

imagine defending a system that only serves to sell you more and more, draining you from money.

imagine inconveniencing  people simply to gain revenue, completely devaluing the time of loyal players.

imagine a game studio disrespecting any kind of mental handicap while the "normal" player base get all the glory. (which is called discrimination)

but yeah, let's not do this, it's better to add even more crap for them to sell rather then making an easier time for people who desperately need it.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

27 minutes ago, sasya neko.1985 said:

imagine defending a system that only serves to sell you more and more, draining you from money.

imagine inconveniencing  people simply to gain revenue, completely devaluing the time of loyal players.

imagine a game studio disrespecting any kind of mental handicap while the "normal" player base get all the glory. (which is called discrimination)

but yeah, let's not do this, it's better to add even more crap for them to sell rather then making an easier time for people who desperately need it.

They have to make money to maintain and create new stuff for the game, money they make from expansions only go so far, and at least you get to keep the stuff you buy and it's usable across the account.

There are some stuff in game to help those disabilities and even addons created by players/fans to help. But like most things in life they can not cater to all and there will be limitations. And some people with disabilities have been able to do far more in game than the average player. 

Edited by Dibit.6259
Typo
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, sasya neko.1985 said:

First of all, this is a game. If your need for something in the game is desperate you have another problem altogether.

Expansions and the gemstore, that is where ANet gets their money from to continue developing this game. Infinite gathering tools not being accountbound is an inconvenience? Wow. However did we manage to circumvent this great inconvenience before infinite gathering tools even existed? Imagine lambasting a gaming studio for delivering an optional revenue system instead of a forced one (see below). Want to talk about devaluation? How about devaluing the work people put into creating this game and keep putting into expanding it? Do you really think there would still be a GW2 without the gemstore?

But don't worry! There is a solution to this problem. It's called "subscription model". Now it's no longer optional to spend money when you play the game. You have to spend money to play the game. Every month. For as long as you want to play this game.

But sarcasm aside, what do you suggest as a solution to these "discriminatory" practices?

• Like 4