October 8 Balance Update Preview

Joie.6084

52 minutes ago, Shade.8037 said:

...I, I don't even.... that... Wow I have nothing polite or constructive to say to that, so I shall just...move on, and allow that to speak for itself. 

after checking heal scg build on snowcrows, hscg provides 100% prot so again im talking with someone who have no clue what hes talking about.

• Confused 2

24 minutes ago, ZephidelGRS.9520 said:

You're seriously saying this when healers are already measured by how many stacks of Stab they can fart, let alone having access to it in the first place? 

The downside of Heal Scourge is having no access to premium boons, which was the balancing factor and a reasonable trade-off versus having the best rez. Can you not see how gutting the best rez with 0 compensation is a net negative to Heal Scourge altogether, since it still has all the drawbacks? How is this "balance"?

HEALERS are not measured by STAB,AEGIS or any other boon. HEALERS are measured by their ability to HEAL.

what you talking about is BROKEN CLASS which can do S tier healing with all boons in the game.... and it doesnt exist.

what are premium boons? there are  2 supports in every group so you can take S tier healer and someone with stab... its MMO after all, your idea of balance is to ress  5 ppl which failed EXTREMLY in mechanics and got downed by (mechanic) which is very rare and it shows groups lack of knowledge of the encounter of mechanics and you wanna FIX this by ONE class which is able to SAVE THEM ALL EVERY 30 SEC ..... and you wanna defend it. you can count on one hand amount of encounters which REQUIRE stability. stability is 9/10 cases used to SKIP MECHANICS its not proper way to do them.

so you wanna healer which is able to SKIP MECHANICS and be able to ress 5 ppl which failed those mechanics.

HSCG should be used by very new groups which needs to learn encounter its not for exp groups to ABUSE his ability to fix every mistake made by group.

only other way to nerf this ability is to make it 1 target which would kill it anyway.

ppl need to realize that you dont need BEST HEALER IN THE GAME to beat any encounter and hscg is best example of this, hscg is easily BEST HEALER IN THE GAME but lacks utility of lesser healers and that makes him balanced.

hfb is utter garbage of the healer but compensate this by stab/aegis/resi/reso/reflect etc at demand.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 7

22 minutes ago, daw.4923 said:

after checking heal scg build on snowcrows, hscg provides 100% prot so again im talking with someone who have no clue what hes talking about.

So you need to check ? You don't play it then, so you're not sure of it in the first place but talk like that to people ? Amazing ! 8O

14 minutes ago, daw.4923 said:

HEALERS are not measured by STAB,AEGIS or any other boon. HEALERS are measured by their ability to HEAL.

Healers are in fact in any game and not only GW2 measure on a lot of things including healing, stab, aegis, protect, might, barrier ect. on GW2

That is called comparison.

what you talking about is BROKEN CLASS which can do S tier healing with all boons in the game.... and it doesnt exist.

what are premium boons? there are  2 supports in every group so you can take S tier healer and someone with stab... its MMO after all, your idea of balance is to ress  5 ppl which failed EXTREMLY in mechanics and got downed by (mechanic) which is very rare and it shows groups lack of knowledge of the encounter of mechanics and you wanna FIX this by ONE class which is able to SAVE THEM ALL EVERY 30 SEC ..... and you wanna defend it. you can count on one hand amount of encounters which REQUIRE stability. stability is 9/10 cases used to SKIP MECHANICS its not proper way to do them.

so you wanna healer which is able to SKIP MECHANICS and be able to ress 5 ppl which failed those mechanics.

HSCG should be used by very new groups which needs to learn encounter its not for exp groups to ABUSE his ability to fix every mistake made by group.

only other way to nerf this ability is to make it 1 target which would kill it anyway.

Again someone who doesn't get it and talk without playing it. You CAN'T SAVE everyone with Hscrg at all, for a lot of reasons that people already talked about, can you in fact read before talking ? You don't even know what you're talking about in the first place you admitted it yourself earlier. And if it's too strong as you say, maybe, then yes nerf it to one i agree. We aren't talking about nerf here but delete !

Remember and do read !

ppl need to realize that you dont need BEST HEALER IN THE GAME to beat any encounter and hscg is best example of this, hscg is easily BEST HEALER IN THE GAME but lacks utility of lesser healers and that makes him balanced.

That i can agree on some point, but again, we talk about delete here, that's what people are against, not the nerf if they would have just tried to. Again, they delete it completly. People are against that part for most.

hfb is utter garbage of the healer but compensate this by stab/aegis/resi/reso/reflect etc at demand.

Yeah well hscrg isn't better on heal, just have barrier when hfb not. That makes both balanced, but again, elite wants hfb not hscrg in any game they play, so why do you think ?

Edited by Hikaru.6704
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, daw.4923 said:

Must BE my IMAGINATION that EVERY healer BUILD has STABILITY, and HEAL Tempest WAS patched IN this SAME patch TO gain MORE accessible STABILITY, and STABILITY access IS  a KEY part OF every BUILD review.

Please DO, I'm DYING for YOU to COUNT them ALL with YOUR hand. MAYBE you HAVE more THAN 5 fingers, I'm SORRY beforehand. 

Wait, so EXP groups ABUSING skips IS fine, but a NEW group ABUSING Heal Scourge is NOT?

No, I said NOT having GOOD Stability ACCESS is a TRADE-OFF. It's an EITHER or.

Finally, YOU understand WHAT COMPENSATION means. BUT does Scourge HAVE it?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ZephidelGRS.9520 said:

Must BE my IMAGINATION that EVERY healer BUILD has STABILITY, and HEAL Tempest WAS patched IN this SAME patch TO gain MORE accessible STABILITY, and STABILITY access IS  a KEY part OF every BUILD review.

Please DO, I'm DYING for YOU to COUNT them ALL with YOUR hand. MAYBE you HAVE more THAN 5 fingers, I'm SORRY beforehand. 

Wait, so EXP groups ABUSING skips IS fine, but a NEW group ABUSING Heal Scourge is NOT?

Frankly I am not sure there is any point in attempting to argue with someone who says stab/prot uptime has nothing to do with being a healer.   If you noticed with...

38 minutes ago, daw.4923 said:

stability is 9/10 cases used to SKIP MECHANICS its not proper way to do them.

They are actively acting as if scourge has more stab than other classes, not the absolute worst/no generation of it whatsoever.  I think they either have no idea how these classes and their roles work, or like the fellow that likened us all to the heritage not hate crowd (Which I am still flummoxed by) they just want this nerf to go through and will say anything to argue for it regardless of if it makes any sense or not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, daw.4923 said:

HEALERS are measured by their ability to HEAL.

No, Skippy, they're not.  Healers are entirely measured by their ability to handle mechanics + boon access. 

Its why you dont see heal warrior taken to any content that actually matters unless its memes for the lulz, and why HChrono + Druid is the default healer setup for almost every fight you 2-heal. 

The ability to have significant raw healing throughput DOES matter when you 1-heal though!  And thats also why you see Druid and HChrono in those roles, because it turns out theyre just that good at also doing that, and also the other healing options just arent good enough most of the time largely due to how priority on their available skills work.  Mech is still a solid healer in a 2-heal setup, for instance, but struggles in single healing roles on things like dhuum, deimos, matthias, or qtp due to the way its toolkit interacts with game mechanics. 

Edited by Barraind.7324
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, daw.4923 said:

No they're not. Healing is only one factor. Boon access, utility, and other niches can make or break healers. And Heal Scourge is not great at healing whatsoever, relying heavily on Regen and their Well of Blood for the heals. So if anything, Heal Scourge is one of the worst healers in the game by your metric. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

31 minutes ago, Herrscher.2986 said:

No they're not. Healing is only one factor. Boon access, utility, and other niches can make or break healers. And Heal Scourge is not great at healing whatsoever, relying heavily on Regen and their Well of Blood for the heals. So if anything, Heal Scourge is one of the worst healers in the game by your metric. 

its like talking to 1 li group of newbs. ok so i summarize it for you.

HEALER is there to HEAL. AHEAL is there to provide ALACRITY WITH HEALS.

what you keep talking about is SUPPORT HEALER, those are builds with A-B  tier healing which are utterly destroyed in 100cm (or any condi heavy encounter or just any encounter which is able to take 90% hp in half sec) with their lack of heals... there you need S TIER JADE EMPEROR HEALER called HEAL SCG and yes IT DOESNT NEED STABILITY,AEGIS,RESISTANCE,RESOLUTION OR ANYHTHING BCS HIS  ACCESS TO INSANE AMOUNT OF BARRIER AND CONDI CLEANSE > ALL THOSE.

are you guys even playing the game or you just afk in lobby?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

50 minutes ago, Barraind.7324 said:

No, Skippy, they're not.  Healers are entirely measured by their ability to handle mechanics + boon access. 

Its why you dont see heal warrior taken to any content that actually matters unless its memes for the lulz, and why HChrono + Druid is the default healer setup for almost every fight you 2-heal. 

The ability to have significant raw healing throughput DOES matter when you 1-heal though!  And thats also why you see Druid and HChrono in those roles, because it turns out theyre just that good at also doing that, and also the other healing options just arent good enough most of the time largely due to how priority on their available skills work.  Mech is still a solid healer in a 2-heal setup, for instance, but struggles in single healing roles on things like dhuum, deimos, matthias, or qtp due to the way its toolkit interacts with game mechanics. 

You realize that before power creep it was normal to have ONE healer just for heals right? ok

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, daw.4923 said:

what you keep talking about is SUPPORT HEALER, those are builds with A-B  tier healing which are utterly destroyed in 100cm (or any condi heavy encounter or just any encounter which is able to take 90% hp in half sec) with their lack of heals... there you need S TIER JADE EMPEROR HEALER called HEAL SCG and yes IT DOESNT NEED STABILITY,AEGIS,RESISTANCE,RESOLUTION OR ANYHTHING BCS HIS  ACCESS TO INSANE AMOUNT OF BARRIER AND CONDI CLEANSE > ALL THOSE.

Dude no one ever brings, builds for or even talks about pure heal without support. That's like saying we can have quickless/alacless healers, no, we do not. There is support DPC and healers...healers ARE supports. WTF are you even on about?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, daw.4923 said:

Well again, barrier isn't healing, are you death ? Condi cleanse is again something else than healing, and chrono or hfb is good there too... so what's your point ?

You're the one not playing the same game so maybe some instropection is needed since we're like ten people telling you off. You actually not superior to anyone.

And not the only one understanding the game.

Edited by Hikaru.6704
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ZephidelGRS.9520 said:

that not true at all, talking about heal temp (meme build but ok) it had stab on staff before and on EotS... so that mean that staff and utility skill are only a viable to healer build? press F to doubt.

new guys getting saved by broken ability surely isnt as bad as exp group counting being saved by it while skipping all mechanics, surely even you must understand that concept.

your compensation is perma 10k barrier which prevents ....well 10k dmg before you need to heal anyone... so basically immortality in 99% encounters.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Shade.8037 said:

Dude no one ever brings, builds for or even talks about pure heal without support. That's like saying we can have quickless/alacless healers, no, we do not. There is support DPC and healers...healers ARE supports. WTF are you even on about?

oh i see you are indeed clueless. so especially for you. there are groups... prob much much much better than you running in which (imagine) have ONE healer and other group have NO HEALER.

are you starting to understand? or should i explain it little more?

and even before this POWERCREEP it was normal for groups to take ANOTHER PURE HEALER... when i read what you guys typing i think some groups running 3 healers even now.

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, daw.4923 said:

oh i see you are indeed clueless. so especially for you. there are groups... prob much much much better than you running in which (imagine) have ONE healer and other group have NO HEALER.

and even before this POWERCREEP it was normal for groups to take ANOTHER PURE HEALER... when i read what you guys typing i think some groups running 3 healers even now.

Where? Who? When? Dude I am not good at the game and I don't claim to be, but i do listen to the meta and people who are, genuinely way better than me. And far as I know there hasn't been a 'no healer' pve meta since freaking HoT. Post proof of anything you have to say or I am ignoring you as purely a troll. Having you make wild claims while calling everyone else bad and stupid is not how I want to spend my time.

• Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, daw.4923 said:

No we're not, and the no heal always existed, we're not even talking about that, you just put nonsense since earlier it doesn't justufy anything you said before, you are senseless all along. You talk about healing only then put barrier in it ect. Just read yourself and others, you're not BETTER than anyone and you didn't see everything. I do all content and all classes and i can't tell you i'm far away from understanding everything, but this, at least, i'm playing  and you're not. you said so.

Edited by Hikaru.6704
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Hikaru.6704 said:

So you need to check ? You don't play it then, so you're not sure of it in the first place but talk like that to people ? Amazing ! 8O

ye i dont play every class and every build in the game smh.

i have 200k ufe and i have some knowledge of the comps and classes in the game tho.

Healers are in fact in any game and not only GW2 measure on a lot of things including healing, stab, aegis, protect, might, barrier ect. on GW2

That is called comparison.

Again someone who doesn't get it and talk without playing it. You CAN'T SAVE everyone with Hscrg at all, for a lot of reasons that people already talked about, can you in fact read before talking ? You don't even know what you're talking about in the first place you admitted it yourself earlier. And if it's too strong as you say, maybe, then yes nerf it to one i agree. We aren't talking about nerf here but delete !

Remember and do read !

its utterly broken skill which ressing 5 ppl every 30 sec, every other class can ress ONE person every 90 sec, how is that fair or balanced?

That i can agree on some point, but again, we talk about delete here, that's what people are against, not the nerf if they would have just tried to. Again, they delete it completly. People are against that part for most.

Yeah well hscrg isn't better on heal, just have barrier when hfb not. That makes both balanced, but again, elite wants hfb not hscrg in any game they play, so why do you think ?

barrier is better than heals thats why every group running 100cm is lf hscg, ... bcs you know hfb cant outheal that dmg, hscg can do it with one hand and half afk.

• Confused 3

11 minutes ago, daw.4923 said:

That was time ages ago. Anet decided to bring Quick/Alac to every class and they CAPPED those boons with 5 person, and pure healer specs became ancient history (except PvP/WvW) part. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Shade.8037 said:

Where? Who? When? Dude I am not good at the game and I don't claim to be, but i do listen to the meta and people who are, genuinely way better than me. And far as I know there hasn't been a 'no healer' pve meta since freaking HoT. Post proof of anything you have to say or I am ignoring you as purely a troll. Having you make wild claims while calling everyone else bad and stupid is not how I want to spend my time.

If you join most 30k ufe fractals or 100kp + raids its quite common to run celebrand/herald/scraper(fractals) which have close to no heals or ONE healer in raids and other group have dps-support so that ONE healer now heals whole raid.... what a concept.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, daw.4923 said:

If you join most 30k ufe fractals or 100kp + raids its quite common to run celebrand/herald/scraper(fractals) which have close to no heals or ONE healer in raids and other group have dps-support so that ONE healer now heals whole raid.... what a concept.

I did no healers run, i did a lot of things, that is still irrelevant to the talking all the way... you're not better than anyone still.

Edited by Hikaru.6704
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hikaru.6704 said:

Learn to quote too on forum (tips you need to worte under it), 200K UFE means nothing i stop there sorry !

well for a guys which dont even have kp acc 200k ufe must mean nothing. did you even do some cms in your life or you just randomly talking about ibs strikes?

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Hikaru.6704 said:

I did no healers run, i did a lot of things, that is still irrelevant to the talking all the way... you're not better than anyone still.

well if you had kp acc we could know that you not lying now could we. now you are just big bubble which is about to splat... oh wait i already did that by figuring out that you have no kp acc.

by definition of KP im better than 99% ppl in this game.

• Confused 1

Just now, daw.4923 said:

well if you had kp acc we could know that you not lying now could we. now you are just big bubble which is about to splat... oh wait i already did that by figuring out that you have no kp acc.

by definition of KP im better than 99% ppl in this game.

Alright, well, as a scrubby little know nothing, who is worse at the game than you. I am gonna keep listening to what the actually popular pillars of the community say on my road to improve and keep bringing supports that can...support. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1