Finding loving furbabies in Tyria - Thank you so much

Feel free to share your furbabies' Tyrian counterparts and their stories. I'm sure I'm not the first, and I won't be the last coming to say thank you.

The donations were for the kids. I always appreciate just how much Arenanet/Guild Wars 2 puts into making a difference in kids' lives each year for what can be-- really scary for kids to have to go through in hospital visits to feel better. They always deserve the best that life can give, and any chance we can to help that is a beautiful thing. 🧡

Last year, I participated in Extra Life as a streamer, and donating to the cause whatever I earned. I thought it would be cute and fun to have the opportunity that my cat kiddos might show up in the game someday, so I jumped on that particular opportunity. I didn't know when they'd be added, and I didn't really care. The donations were and always will be for the kids.

On September 12th, I had to say goodbye to one of my cats. It was the hardest thing I've had to do in all my life so far, but Ellie's at peace.  I remembered what I had done last year, and thought to go looking for her and her brother, who's still with us, in Tyria. I found them in the Snow Leopard lodge, Desmond and Ellie, hanging out by the hearth. I had forgotten that I asked if they could be someplace toasty.  The placement is purely coincidental that they're hanging by a brunette norn lady too, that I could see as myself hanging with them; even if this NPC has been sitting here staying toasty for well over a decade at this point.

I didn't have the foresight then, but I'm so glad I can have this little comfort forever.
Thank you, ANet, for taking the time to put so many loving and lovingly-loved pets in the game. This means so much to me. Here are some pictures!

They're together!

Giving her some pet-pets

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

15 hours ago, Donari.5237 said:

I'm trying to give you a Like but there's a pop up saying there's an issue with reacting to this content ><

I'm misty eyed.  So happy you got to see them again.

Aw, it's okay ❤️ I appreciate the thought. Thank you.  I heard that counterparts can be found in expansion hub zones too. I'm not sure when these two were added, but if it's Janthir-- awesome, and I'd love to see pictures if anyone finds them (not in any place to pick up the game myself atm!).  I'm more than happy to just see them in Hoelbrak!

14 hours ago, witchyivy.7980 said:

I logged in, bought a Chatoyant Elixir (April Fools vendor in Hooligan's Route in Lion's Arch, for those wondering), and gave Desmond and Ellie pets. I'm sorry for your loss, and I'm so glad you have this comfort. Ellie (and Desmond) sound very much loved.

;_; wheugh that made me misty-eyed. Thank you for saying hi to them!

9 hours ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

sorry for your loss

Thank you ❤️ 

• Like 1