League chest progress in Unranked?

DoomNexus.5324

Should unranked matches grant progress to League reward chests?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Question title

• Yes
    • No

I'm sure this will be an unpopular opinion but look.. I'm tired of the clownfiesta ranked has become (quite some time ago) and just want to get into some chill matches of Stronghold or unranked Conquest and get my loot.
All the stuff will still be time gated to the season (which I think is the main point?) and I don't really see a good point for further gating it behind ranked-only.

As a bonus for the competitive ranked players: all the casuals who are only there for loot can simply queue unranked and don't bother you laddering anymore.

• Thanks 1

Is this really an unpopular opinion? I would drop ranked in a heartbeat and let the more competitive players have their fun. I play meta builds and drag my way into top 250 every season because I believe some people actually enjoy it as a competitive mode and to be honest yes I have a bit of performance anxiety, but I'd certainly rather be playing more variety of builds in unranked where I wouldn't be ruining people's grind. I find it particularly egregious that I enjoy queueing for several matches in a row and yet the leaderboard play is exactly the opposite and you should have the least amount of matches possible - this actually means matches are  more random for me because I never know if I'm gonna go against the #1 player fighting his decay or a silver 3 in a winning binge.

It's about time especially with a new mode potentially with its own leaderboard being tested, that Anet allows people to legitimately farm in sPvP since they were so inclined to yield PvE rewards on it (we even have uniquely PvP/WvW rewards now with Woad armor!).

• Thanks 1