Living World season 1 part 5 and WvW

Zanders.1395

I’m returning to GW2 after many years having played a little when the game first released. I’ve only ever played PVE and initially when I first started playing I selected a NA server as an American friend took me through the game and the mechanics. Now I’m back and have a couple of questions.

I’m working through LW season 1 and part five asks you to enter WVW., either through the gate at lions arch or the WVW menu. I chose the gate and it asked me to select a team. I didn’t go any further because as I said I’m on a NA server but I’m looking into joining a EU guild so I thought I may need to change servers. I’m not sure how the whole WvW system works but is my assumption correct that if I want to play WvW with my potential guild that I’ll need to switch to a EU server?

17 minutes ago, Zanders.1395 said:

I’m returning to GW2 after many years having played a little when the game first released. I’ve only ever played PVE and initially when I first started playing I selected a NA server as an American friend took me through the game and the mechanics. Now I’m back and have a couple of questions.

I’m working through LW season 1 and part five asks you to enter WVW., either through the gate at lions arch or the WVW menu. I chose the gate and it asked me to select a team. I didn’t go any further because as I said I’m on a NA server but I’m looking into joining a EU guild so I thought I may need to change servers. I’m not sure how the whole WvW system works but is my assumption correct that if I want to play WvW with my potential guild that I’ll need to switch to a EU server?

You are in the NA region and the guild you want to join is in the EU region?

You can still transfer between regions.  When you transfer to the EU region, it should ask you to pick an EU team to join even if you picked an NA team and played on it already.  You'll pick the team your guild is on (and also set that guild as  your WvW guild).

Unless the EU guild you are looking at joining is also in NA region?  Then you'll need to pick the team they are on in NA.

Edited by Chaba.5410

Yes I’m on a NA sever and will be joining a EU guild.

With that in mind I was asking the question if it would be best to transfer to a EU server considering I may want to do WvW with them.

I also wondered if doing the above first was better before continuing with the living world season one content that wants me to join a WvW team to continue, and as I said I’m on a NA server at present.

I guess my worry was that once you selected a team on WvW on a NA server you would be locked into that selection 

Edited by Zanders.1395

16 minutes ago, Zanders.1395 said:

would be best to transfer to a EU server considering I may want to do WvW with them.

The reason I ask for clarification is because some guilds in NA region play during EU timezones.  You will need to transfer to EU region if you want to play WvW with a guild in that region.

World Restructuring lets you pick a team if you haven't played WvW in a long time or at all.  Once you get some WvW activity logged on your account, you get automatically placed on a team on the next "reshuffle", which is in 5 days.  So you can pick a team on NA and play for the Living World story stuff.  When you transfer to EU region you'll be asked to pick a team again since you haven't played WvW in that region in a long time or at all instead of getting automatically placed.  To stay with a guild when reshuffles happen, you need to set that guild (or their alliance guild) as WvW guild in the guild panel.

Edited by Chaba.5410

38 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

Why?

With part 5 you mean Battle for Lion's Arch? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Living_World_Season_1

I cant recall which step it is exactly but one of the story steps you HAVE to go into the edge of the mists to listen to some exposition. You dont have to do any wvw stuff its entirely story related it's just an instance in edge of the mists. I distinctly remember cause wvw was resetting while I was doing lws1 and had to wait so I could actually enter edge of the mists. Or whatever it's called the wvw map that's outside the main three no one cares about.

Edited by Isopod.4156
  • Like 2

On 9/20/2024 at 2:13 PM, Isopod.4156 said:

I cant recall which step it is exactly but one of the story steps you HAVE to go into the edge of the mists to listen to some exposition. You dont have to do any wvw stuff its entirely story related it's just an instance in edge of the mists. I distinctly remember cause wvw was resetting while I was doing lws1 and had to wait so I could actually enter edge of the mists. Or whatever it's called the wvw map that's outside the main three no one cares about.

Will have to try and replay this since I don't remember this bit. I could them doing this since at the time there was more attempts to interrelate the game modes, just don't remember that. Might try the wiki tonight about that since I could see one of them adding this bit as a side note of interest.

17 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Will have to try and replay this since I don't remember this bit. I could them doing this since at the time there was more attempts to interrelate the game modes, just don't remember that. Might try the wiki tonight about that since I could see one of them adding this bit as a side note of interest.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Connecting_the_Pieces

Its this one