homestead future functions for positioning and simitry

homestead is great, for future ideas there needs to be a ruler layover of some sort, that allows u to reposition another piece of deco the same horizontal or vertical line as the previous, also a option or ruler to show the 90 degree and 180 degree axel....so we can have some guidance and something to go by, also the no.3 for spinning the deco around needs to tweak, its too unpredictable 

• Like 1

1. symmetry*

2. The unremoveable objects (house, workshop, barn) are also not aligned to the map's grid, so I am not sure a grid/ruler would be as useful as you think.

3. Note: you can chose to move each object by either the map's grid alignment or its own 90° alignment, if that helps you in any way (Skill 5 under "Modify").

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

More precise alignments are needed yes! There seem to not be a "level" position currently or the house isn't on it.

Also sometimes its hard to rotate on the x axis from directly infront of the object i have to move to a 45 degree position to grab the handles , adjust it then move back to front to look at it  and can can't grab the handles again from that position. 😠 it's super frustrating!

ADD A MODIFY BUTTON to the XRAY system. instead of just deleting objects, let us move them too!

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Kelly.7019 said:

Also sometimes its hard to rotate on the x axis from directly infront of the object i have to move to a 45 degree position to grab the handles , adjust it then move back to front to look at it  and can can't grab the handles again from that position. 😠 it's super frustrating!

ADD A MODIFY BUTTON to the XRAY system. instead of just deleting objects, let us move them too!

Yes, the system is old and has obvious limits. Those of us who have been decorating for almost a decade in GW2, though, appreciate how much easier and user-friendly it is now than it was before the JW update -- in comparison. 😉

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

one way to modify objects sunk into the ground (w/out the help of the devs) is to jump under the map and build a shelf down there to run around on like we did with guild halls. its a lot more cumbersome however, but probably works if you can locate the dec that is in that yellow glowy mess. haven't done it yet here.

I much prefer the ESO decoration ui system. way more polished the gw2's attempt. Moving decs with the mouse and use number keys to rotate objects. hit a modifier but to slide them instead on the xyz axis, can link decs together and a lot more precision & fine tune movements. But yes, overall the new handiworker system is better then what came before in gw2.

I just hope they are reading these forum suggestions and working on improvements to the system like any game mode. not just 1 improvement update then "we give up" and  nothing for a years.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Yes, the system is old and has obvious limits. Those of us who have been decorating for almost a decade in GW2, though, appreciate how much easier and user-friendly it is now than it was before the JW update -- in comparison. 😉

Definitely!  This has been a big QoL improvement for decorating.  Is it perfect, no.  Is it MUCH easier than before, absolutely.   It should be adequate for the majority of players to decorate their homestead.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 9/23/2024 at 11:07 AM, Ashantara.8731 said:
  1. symmetry*

2. The unremoveable objects (house, workshop, barn) are also not aligned to the map's grid, so I am not sure a grid/ruler would be as useful as you think.

3. Note: you can chose to move each object by either the map's grid alignment or its own 90° alignment, if that helps you in any way (Skill 5 under "Modify").

2. for any deco items you are positioning and placing......of cause it will be soo useful.....are u kidding.....i even stick tape on my screen to help, saves half the time. maybe if u are jus randomly placing things around thn u wont see any use. 

3. did u even try? seems like u haven't encountered this experience. the copied modifier needs to be in the same alignment for all axis as the last item.

• Confused 2

14 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Definitely!  This has been a big QoL improvement for decorating.  Is it perfect, no.  Is it MUCH easier than before, absolutely.   It should be adequate for the majority of players to decorate their homestead.  

yes lovely wonderful and grateful. and now we discuss about moving forward and how we can further improve it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, quake.9023 said:

did u even try?

Yes, I have. For ten years now, since Guild Halls exist, and with the new tool options since the release of JW. I have several rectangular constructions in my Homestead. :classic_rolleyes: Are they perfectly rectangular? Possibly not. But, as mentioned in my previous response, the new Skill 5 is really helpful in that regard.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, quake.9023 said:

yes lovely wonderful and grateful. and now we discuss about moving forward and how we can further improve it. 

I would prefer they spend resources elsewhere.  Add more decorations and increase the limit, sure.  Tweak things a little, sure.  Otherwise I really spend most of my time out in the world, not aligning things symmetrically .   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

I would prefer they spend resources elsewhere.  Add more decorations and increase the limit, sure.  Tweak things a little, sure.  Otherwise I really spend most of my time out in the world, not aligning things symmetrically .   

i do. 😛 or try to until i realize it's not possible. then give up. 🙂 it is what it is oh well.

Edited by Kelly.7019

6 minutes ago, Kelly.7019 said:

i do. 😛 or try to until i realize it's not possible. then give up. 🙂 it is what it is oh well.

I do but not to the point it's a great concern lol.  Good enough and off I go.  Everyone has different ways of playing the game, and that is perfectly fine.  I wish for improvements for the OP, but don't stress yourself waiting.  

• Like 1