Ventari Tablet Suggestion - Toggle - Bound /Unbound

Would just like to ask the community about the pro's & con's of the following suggestion. I haven't thought too deeply into it, but here goes.

* Add a toggle ability while in Ventari Stance [Binds/un-binds the tablet to the player]

Similar to the mount toggle ability for Ley-Line riding.

Ventari Stance is disabled underwater due to the restriction of the tablet requiring to be on land at all times. Meaning while underwater, the tablet would only be able to glide along the sea floor, hence why it was most likely disabled underwater.

If this ability were to be implemented, Ventari Stance would be usable underwater. Where-by every time you go underwater the tablet is automatically switched to 'Bound' mode.

While in 'Bound' mode, the tablet could be removed entirely, reducing clutter on-screen. There could be a visual effect added to a player with a 'Bound' tablet.

This would also increase the appeal to a more varied player-base, as some players dis-like micro-management.

Whereby experienced players can continue to use the tablet 'Unbound', meanwhile the average and lazy players can play in 'Bound' mode.

Thoughts?

• Confused 4

They just need to make Ventari Tablet similar to Scourge Shades and have a cast around the Revenant for all skills except Bubble. 

Ventari long suffered from having their healing tied to the tablet location, meaning they have very limited heal range in group content where players want to stack on boss. So if some player gets ported by a mechanic or is just a goon in general, you moving tablet to save them is a non option. 

Change Ventari skills as such:

- When you cast a Ventari skill, it activates around the player and the tablet after the delay

- Players can only be affected by 1 of these 

- Bubble follows Tablet only, does not activate on player

• Confused 4

Underwater, "Project Tranquility" bring the tablet to your position, that's all ANet need to do.

11 hours ago, Jobber.6348 said:

They just need to make Ventari Tablet similar to Scourge Shades and have a cast around the Revenant

Absolutely never, they would gut the skills into oblivion like Scourge Shades if they changed that.
It's because you need to manage the tablet position that the skills are not horrible.

Edited by Kulvar.1239
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

Underwater, "Project Tranquility" bring the tablet to your position, that's all ANet need to do.

ez fix for underwater indeed, kalla could function similar underwater aswell 

12 hours ago, Jobber.6348 said:

They just need to make Ventari Tablet similar to Scourge Shades and have a cast around the Revenant for all skills except Bubble. 

Ventari long suffered from having their healing tied to the tablet location, meaning they have very limited heal range in group content where players want to stack on boss. So if some player gets ported by a mechanic or is just a goon in general, you moving tablet to save them is a non option. 

Change Ventari skills as such:

- When you cast a Ventari skill, it activates around the player and the tablet after the delay

- Players can only be affected by 1 of these 

- Bubble follows Tablet only, does not activate on player

In theory this would be nice, in practice it would get overall nerfed for the worse. So if they would, this very very likely would get nerfed.

I prefere little bit more risk for reward then, how it is now

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

In theory this would be nice, in practice it would get overall nerfed for the worse. So if they would, this very very likely would get nerfed.

I prefere little bit more risk for reward then, how it is now

Then buff Generous Abundance, which essentially does the same sort of effect, but uses a GM trait. 

Either way, for the longest time there are three issues with Ventari and Revenant healing:

1. Healing presence is lost when leaving Ventari for any reason.

2. Healing reach is weak due to Tablet being the focus of skills. 

3. Lack of Stunbreak

Solving 2 and 3 should be the prime concern for Revenant Healer gameplay. If like you said, "BUH BUH BUH THEY'LL NERF IT LIKE SCOURGE SHADES" then buff something else that offers the same effect, which would be buffing GM Generous Abundance. As for Stunbreak, maybe Empowered Elite can Stunbreak? Will that be too much? Who knows. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Jobber.6348 said:

Then buff Generous Abundance, which essentially does the same sort of effect, but uses a GM trait. 

Either way, for the longest time there are three issues with Ventari and Revenant healing:

3. Lack of Stunbreak

Solving 2 and 3 should be the prime concern for Revenant Healer gameplay. If like you said, "BUH BUH BUH THEY'LL NERF IT LIKE SCOURGE SHADES" then buff something else that offers the same effect, which would be buffing GM Generous Abundance. As for Stunbreak, maybe Empowered Elite can Stunbreak? Will that be too much? Who knows. 

1. That's when scepter/shield or staff are supposed to substitute.

2. You can move the tablet for free wherever you want so you effectively have 900 range on the skills, it just incurs a delay the farther you want to perform the action.

3. That's something I would put on a rework of "Energy Expulsion", stun-break for self and allies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

That's when scepter/shield or staff are supposed to substitute.

Scepter should really have been a ranged weapon. The dumb Cleave auto and ally targeting is horrific. It's been already discussed to death in Scepter thread.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Jobber.6348 said:

Scepter should really have been a ranged weapon. The dumb Cleave auto and ally targeting is horrific. It's been already discussed to death in Scepter thread.

I don't have any issue with the scepter AA being an extended melee swatter.

The ally targeting skill came handy in WvW for me.
It's not an issue with the scepter, but with the game being unsuited for ally targeting.
I use personal target as a crutch to make ally targeting easier.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Jobber.6348 said:

3. Lack of Stunbreak

Well for starters they could make generous abundance have the same healing effect as inside centaur stance, that would put it some up

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Problem with the revenant in aquatic apart from alliance there's nothing and the dodges are half buggy for 2 out of 3.
It's impossible to use ventari or renegat in water, whereas guard, for example, has numerous skills targeted in aquatic mode that can be applied to him or to the enemy. The same goes for necro, who has all those elixirs, scourge skills and even wells. The revenant, on the other hand, has nothing but an alliance.

The shield may be good, but what I find annoying is its rooting. 

The revenant scepter is a real pain in the kitten to use, because unlike the thief scepter, for example, which can put up a barrier from a distance and without being in combat, I find the slow barrier weak for the revenant and the requirement to hit an enemy for the skill 1 barrier. For me, the scepter remains a boring weapon that's no fun to use. What's more, it doesn't really do much damage, just like the baton, which is mainly used for healing, blocking or CC (a bit like the spear guard, which does more damage, mind you).

Edited by Angesombre.4630
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

At this point I would agree anything that might make Ventari more viable. What we have now is not ok. You guys have already discussed the major issues of it. I really want to play Ventari but apart from a brief moment years ago, it continues to suck in the mode I play. There are great solutions for that and I am all for bound/unbound option with additional adjustments that were previously mentioned by others.

I do not have the SoO expansion but asked a friend and checked the scepter. It feels really bad. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3