Old berserker warrior from the past.

8 hours ago, prototypedragon.1406 said:

However come to think of it. if they won't change 100 hundred blades at all. why don't they just slap the 3 spin arc divider in its place?

This video is a perfect example of why they wont put it back.

Its a multi hitting AOE cleave, perfect for nuking boon balls and thus disrupting the precious WvW meta they are trying to build. 

I guarantee you this exact situation happened to a dev that just couldn't handle the fact that they facetanked a full Arc Divider "double whammy zammy" combo from a glass warrior build and instantly developed a vendetta.

And I'm pretty sure @Azure The Heartless.3261 has some relation to this specific situation, they confirmed it was just another Thursday for them though. Quite unfortunate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

This video is a perfect example of why they wont put it back.

Its a multi hitting AOE cleave, perfect for nuking boon balls and thus disrupting the precious WvW meta they are trying to build. 

I guarantee you this exact situation happened to a dev that just couldn't handle the fact that they facetanked a full Arc Divider "double whammy zammy" combo from a glass warrior build and instantly developed a vendetta.

And I'm pretty sure @Azure The Heartless.3261 has some relation to this specific situation, they confirmed it was just another Thursday for them though. Quite unfortunate.

You're on the right path, I'll let you know too there was a reason why Winds of Disenchantment got nerfed out of existence to where no one uses SPB in coordinated zergs anymore. I'll tell you it has something to do with the GvG scene and I'll leave it at that. 

Edited by Lucentfir.7430
  • Like 1

When I read the title I expected footage from the HoT era...

17 hours ago, prototypedragon.1406 said:

However come to think of it. if they won't change 100 hundred blades at all. why don't they just slap the 3 spin arc divider in its place?

If we can't even convince the devs to update Greatsword for the state of the game in 2024, how can you think that they would outright replace a bad skill with a great one instead? That is the kind of buff that is guaranteed to get "speared" in the following balance update.

1 hour ago, Katary.7096 said:

When I read the title I expected footage from the HoT era...

If we can't even convince the devs to update Greatsword for the state of the game in 2024, how can you think that they would outright replace a bad skill with a great one instead? That is the kind of buff that is guaranteed to get "speared" in the following balance update.

🤷‍♂️Honestly i don't think it would ever happen since the forums at least on the balance side seems to be a "seen"  and not "heard". Unless the balancing team would get some extra  gem store cash  slipped into their back pockets for a rainy day. Chances are they would probably just give it to guardian or another class and  call it a day which if I'm not mistaken has happened at least on a few occasions. But yeah I myself ever since launch only really used greatsword on rare occasions and mostly sword shield  or mace shield with hammer. since hammers and mace got thrown in the trash heap in 2020 rip backbreaker. In terms of damage potential in WvW I feel Around this time was when it was at its peak damage at least against more glass like builds. https://youtu.be/HyytJyAHDJI?si=PZ_1Juad77rRUYhv

• Like 1