HoM Updating Titles

The Beezer.1293

For the HoM titles I understand that titles you earn while playing through the steam launcher don't show/count towards your title progress. I wasn't aware at the time.

But my question is titles that were earned when playing through steam, if I re-download the gw1 launcher through (https://www.guildwars.com/en/download) and login through the gw1 launcher, will the titles I earned through steam show update/appear in my HoM progress?

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Steam and non-Steam accounts cannot be linked, nor can you use your Steam account login credentials to login via ANet's launcher.

That's for GW2. As the question was about GW1, every GW1 account can be linked to every non-Steam GW2 account (as long as they aren't already linked).

3 hours ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

That's for GW2. As the question was about GW1, every GW1 account can be linked to every non-Steam GW2 account (as long as they aren't already linked).

So it’s been awhile and I could be missing something with how steam and gw1 works. 

But my gw1 and gw2 are not linked through steam.(Atleast gw2 is not I use the original gw2 launcher and not steam.) Which my gw1 and gw2 accounts are linked. 

I have the 3 cd’s still from when I bought nightfall originally years ago. But I’ve been playing/launching gw1 through steam for the ease of things.

Having learned that titles in gw1 earned through steam aren’t rewarded/counted towards hall of monuments. Is there a way to have those titles (1 in my case) be rewarded using the original gw1 launcher and not steam?

Ive tried uninstalling gw1 from steam and reinstalling the gw1 client from the arena net guild wars 1 sit, but the titles don’t show as being rewarded when I look up my hall of monuments progress.

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Even when the GW1 account was created on Steam? I didn't know that.

Yes - https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360053416353-Steam-FAQ

Afaik it works because the steam-version also needs a GW account and doesn't use the steam login.

12 minutes ago, The Beezer.1293 said:

So it’s been awhile and I could be missing something with how steam and gw1 works. 

But my gw1 and gw2 are not linked through steam.(Atleast gw2 is not I use the original gw2 launcher and not steam.) Which my gw1 and gw2 accounts are linked. 

I have the 3 cd’s still from when I bought nightfall originally years ago. But I’ve been playing/launching gw1 through steam for the ease of things.

Having learned that titles in gw1 earned through steam aren’t rewarded/counted towards hall of monuments. Is there a way to have those titles (1 in my case) be rewarded using the original gw1 launcher and not steam?

Ive tried uninstalling gw1 from steam and reinstalling the gw1 client from the arena net guild wars 1 sit, but the titles don’t show as being rewarded when I look up my hall of monuments progress.

I have never used GW1 via steam, but according to the faq it shouldn't be a problem?

Is the right account linked and do the rewards show up in the calculator - https://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=welcome ?

Edited by Schimmi.6872

Okay, I just haven’t been able to get the title to show as being earned after going through the arenanet gw1 client. So I’m not sure if I’m missing something or how it would work.

Ive displayed the title in gw1 hall of monuments and gone to the dude to in the hall of monuments instance to accredit or whatever it is but still haven’t had success. 

11 hours ago, The Beezer.1293 said:

Which my gw1 and gw2 accounts are linked.

Are they though? Here is the FAQ https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230900328-Linking-your-Guild-Wars-Guild-Wars-2-Accounts

You need to link both accounts to the same Arenanet account. If both are non Steam accounts, or only GW1 is from Steam, this should not be an issue.

The issue here is that GW2 Steam accounts can not be linked within that framework (probably because those accounts operate differently in some regards like gem purchases, etc and the effort to link them to GW1 accounts is to much of a hassle).

Which client you log in through should make no difference. The transfer of titles happens outside of any of the games via the link mentioned above.

On 10/13/2024 at 6:30 PM, The Beezer.1293 said:

For the HoM titles I understand that titles you earn while playing through the steam launcher don't show/count towards your title progress. I wasn't aware at the time.

But my question is titles that were earned when playing through steam, if I re-download the gw1 launcher through (https://www.guildwars.com/en/download) and login through the gw1 launcher, will the titles I earned through steam show update/appear in my HoM progress?

In reality you are already logging in through GW1 launcher, even with the steam version. Both Anet and Steam version use the same original Anet non-steam account. That's why whether you start it through steam or the standart way, you operate in the same account, and thus retain all your achievements.

Notice, though, that it is different for GW2. Steam version uses a separate (steam) account system. Achievements from steam account cannot be transfered to a non-steam one. And while you can switch the game itself from steam to non-steam version, you use different accounts depending on which launcher you use..

So, basically, steam version GW2 game cannot be linked to GW1 at all. Non-steam GW2 game however can be linked to both steam or non-steam GW1 version.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Are they though? Here is the FAQ https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230900328-Linking-your-Guild-Wars-Guild-Wars-2-Accounts

You need to link both accounts to the same Arenanet account. If both are non Steam accounts, or only GW1 is from Steam, this should not be an issue.

The issue here is that GW2 Steam accounts can not be linked within that framework (probably because those accounts operate differently in some regards like gem purchases, etc and the effort to link them to GW1 accounts is to much of a hassle).

Which client you log in through should make no difference. The transfer of titles happens outside of any of the games via the link mentioned above.

So both gw1 and gw2 I aren’t from steam accounts. Both are through arenanet. My login for gw1, gw2 and arenanet all require the same email/login info.

I’m pretty sure they are linked. I can select the titles I’ve already earned in guild wars 1 that transfer to gw2 in the title options in-game. It’s just the progress that I’ve made doesn’t show up. Currently should have 23 titles in hall of monument reward track but only shows 22. 

When I go to the game content page on arenanet I don’t even have the option to link a gw1 account (which I believe I’ve done already). My gw1 game shows it being active in my game accounts/overview.

I could just be very dumb and missing something,  im just lost at this point. 

IMG_5348.jpeg

IMG_5349.jpeg

Edited by The Beezer.1293