Retribution in WvW bugged?

nosleepdemon.1368

Hey folks, I was playing about with retribution in WvW and I couldn't quite work out whether the skills were giving any extra effect. E.g the duration increase on resolution grandmaster trait didn't do anything to duration. I also didn't see a damage buff from I think vicious reprisal? I see that resolution duration only takes the higher of traits vs concentration, but I don't have +50% boon up time either. Overall it seems like a useless skill tree, but I thought it got buffed. I must be missing something.

Edited by nosleepdemon.1368

It shouldn't be bugged unless latest update broke it.

Try hitting something and then granting yourself Resolution and hitting something again with the same skills. There is no indicator of a buff but rather your strike damage is increased while having Resolution. 

In general if you run any build which wants to use Boons, if you don't have at least 15 to 25 boon duration, it's not worth it unless the base duration is like 7s or more. It's too weak if you are looking for an effect that has poor base duration. Retribution is more of a defensive traitline and especially if you are able to run Dwarf and Song of the Mist together, so you make full use of Dwarven Battle Training and Versed in Stone. Only time I even bother using for Resolute Evasion and Vicious Reprisal is if I feel like playing half Diviners build with Core Rev or Vindicator and stack that 25 Might.