Huntsman bug

I recommend using GW2 Efficiency to go through all your characters. It will show you the discipline ratings of each, including disciplines that are hidden because you already have the max 'active' on the toon. (Meantime, as @RoseofGilead.8907 suggested, make a support ticket, too. Hopefully, you'll figure it out without them, but if not, it's a good back up opportunity.)

@Nitrogenetic.9608 said:I tried gw2 efficiency and neither there huntsman doesnt appear and i made another ticket to support page 24 hours ago and still no answer.

Submitting duplicate Support tickets only slows down the process and re-enters you in the queue. Close the duplicate, and if desired, only update the original ticket. Creating in-game 'tickets' (Bug Reports) will garner no response, as indicated on the in-game Bug Report window.

You should have received an almost-immediate automated response from submitting a Support Ticket (using the web-form). If not, check your spam/junk email folders. While you wait, you can try a -repair of the client; instructions found in the Knowledge Base, accessed via the 'Support' link above/below.

Good luck.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Nitrogenetic.9608 said:I tried gw2 efficiency and neither there huntsman doesnt appear and i made another ticket to support page 24 hours ago and still no answer.

Submitting duplicate Support tickets only slows down the process and re-enters you in the queue. Close the duplicate, and if desired, only update the original ticket. Creating in-game 'tickets' (Bug Reports) will garner no response, as indicated on the in-game Bug Report window.

Maybe I expressed myself wrong....I submitted just one ticket to the support page not a duplicate but still after 48 hours not a single response just the automatic one bla bla....

@Nitrogenetic.9608 said:I tried gw2 efficiency and neither there huntsman doesnt appear

And you checked on all your characters?Then is there any chance that you have deleted some characters? 'Huntsman' progress is bound to each character, not to the account (only consumed recipes are account bound).

I am absolutely sure that I did not delete characters especially one with Grandmaster achievment on it.

Anyway, I want to thank everyone for your suggestions!

@Nitrogenetic.9608 thanks for responding to everyone's questions. Please keep us posted with what you learn, so we can help others if we see a similar issue pop up.

For what it's worth, I've never seen a case of progress in a discipline disappearing. In the past, it's always turned out to be on a different character from what the reporter remembered (which doesn't mean that's the case here, just that it's been true in the others). The fact that you have the achievement should be helpful to the support team member who reviews your ticket. Hopefully they can track down the specific character.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:@Nitrogenetic.9608 thanks for responding to everyone's questions. Please keep us posted with what you learn, so we can help others if we see a similar issue pop up.

For what it's worth, I've never seen a case of progress in a discipline disappearing. In the past, it's always turned out to be on a different character from what the reporter remembered (which doesn't mean that's the case here, just that it's been true in the others). The fact that you have the achievement should be helpful to the support team member who reviews your ticket. Hopefully they can track down the specific character.

I can see it happening under one condition. If an account or character restoration was ever performed then progress could be reverted.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:@Nitrogenetic.9608 thanks for responding to everyone's questions. Please keep us posted with what you learn, so we can help others if we see a similar issue pop up.

For what it's worth, I've never seen a case of progress in a discipline disappearing
. In the past, it's always turned out to be on a different character from what the reporter remembered (which doesn't mean that's the case here, just that it's been true in the others). The fact that you have the achievement should be helpful to the support team member who reviews your ticket. Hopefully they can track down the specific character.

I can see it happening under one condition. If an account or character restoration was ever performed then progress could be reverted.

Good point. That would also explain it, except... would the account still have the same achievements/AP as before the restore? Does it return to an identical state (including story progress etc)? Or does some stuff persist?

As it turns out, that hasn't been the explanation in the admittedly few cases we've seen on the forums/reddit. But restores are rare, so it's unlikely we hear too much about them generally.

Archived