Blinding powder + heartseeker stealth

Les.4872

@kash.9213 said:

@NuhDah.9812 said:This mechanic was not existent only for thief it applied to every leap from every profession in the game, so even if you didn't play thief if you cared about how your profession plays you were aware of this mechanic. And as I said before "intuition" has nothing to do with the mechanic, awareness does. But I guess there are people who's intuition only resumes to reading skill tooltips.You call it mechanic.

The devs call it exploitation of unintended skill behavior... and fixed it.

More prep time for more stealth time, worked just fine and it wasn't an exploit and it didn't need to be fixed. You had a choice of what you wanted to do with stealth and the main difference of that choice for an enemy player was either, they're still going to attack you, or they're trying to bypass you. It's purely another straight up nerf where they pick some obscure reason that's hasn't been a thing since the beginning to say it needs to be fixed because thief.

They didn't actually said it was changed "because thief" and I wouldn't be surprised that this being a nerf to DP thief was just a "convenient" (the devs might hope players will stop playing dp DrD and will want to try DE) side effect of some changes that they did to remove "wildcards" from the system to have better control over the abilities. Though this is just a guess of mine, it might be what you said or it might be entirely something else.

...They sure do like to mess with thief player base creativity with their mechanics...

I think someone already mentioned this, but the shorter movement from heartseeker (and similar abilities) was never an intended mechanic to begin with, it was literally a bug. It was unintended behavior, and I believe Devs acknowledged the bug on Reddit long ago, but it has been so low on the priority list that it was not corrected until now.

@Turk.5460 said:

@NuhDah.9812 said:This mechanic was not existent only for thief it applied to every leap from every profession in the game, so even if you didn't play thief if you cared about how your profession plays you were aware of this mechanic. And as I said before "intuition" has nothing to do with the mechanic, awareness does. But I guess there are people who's intuition only resumes to reading skill tooltips.You call it mechanic.

The devs call it exploitation of unintended skill behavior... and fixed it.

More prep time for more stealth time, worked just fine and it wasn't an exploit and it didn't need to be fixed. You had a choice of what you wanted to do with stealth and the main difference of that choice for an enemy player was either, they're still going to attack you, or they're trying to bypass you. It's purely another straight up nerf where they pick some obscure reason that's hasn't been a thing since the beginning to say it needs to be fixed because thief.

They didn't actually said it was changed "because thief" and I wouldn't be surprised that this being a nerf to DP thief was just a "convenient" (the devs might hope players will stop playing dp DrD and will want to try DE) side effect of some changes that they did to remove "wildcards" from the system to have better control over the abilities. Though this is just a guess of mine, it might be what you said or it might be entirely something else.

...They sure do like to mess with thief player base creativity with their mechanics...

I think someone already mentioned this, but the shorter movement from heartseeker (and similar abilities) was never an intended mechanic to begin with, it was literally a bug. It was unintended behavior, and I believe Devs acknowledged the bug on Reddit long ago, but it has been so low on the priority list that it was not corrected until now.

It was part of the original game engine or added on purpose before launch, you can call it a bug if you want, but this was a game design change not a bug fix. The Devs probably called it a bug to convey the fact they are willing to look into it and change it in the future without getting into too much detail. Anyways I feel like my arguments are falling on deaf ears so I'm gonna stop here before it gets too boring. :p

On a side note "pathing issues" (as kash said) is an old issue, also the fact that dash runs in place right after an infiltrator's arrow and there are lots of other old issues all in detriment of thief's QoL that haven't been fixed, but I guess those can be overlooked since they are a l2p issue and we must live with it, right? Those are not bugs cause they are requests from people who actually play thief not only complain about it. The Devs will probably tackle them when they'll be obsolete if ever.

Instead of complaining about the Camera, lets find a way to fix the issue you guys have with the Camera change. You know how you can do a small jump by tapping the jump button, or a larger one by holding the button? Why not ask for a similar mechanic to be implemented on Heart-seeker? Moves half as far if you tap, full distance if the button is held. I personally like the idea more than reverting the camera. It was annoying that I had to ruin my fov to make full use of something. It's the Star Citizen Cluttered Cockpit view BS all over again. lol

@"Exitus.3297" said:Well, the good news I can still do the 4 Heartseekers through Black Powder.

I just don't understand how they've known about this "exploit" for years and choose to address it now. I don't even remember seeing in the patch notes.

they called the change:"Movement Skills: Camera facing no longer reduces the travel distance of these skills."in the list of game updates. It wasn't a thief specific change, but most likely it is affecting thief the most since lots of thieves use HS, which is actually one of the abilities that defines the flavor of thief profession.

Archived