Dear Anet: Medium Armor, Please!

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Nilson.9865 said:Medium chest piece armor is the ugliest armor in the game. It covers legs and butts of our characters. With light armor i can switch between shaman guy, police officer guy, King guy, sailor moon, etc etc etc, but medium armor gives me choice of trench coat thug or trench coat trader or trench coat gunslinger. It DOESN'T MATTER what legs piece i pick, 80% of leggings will be covered by trench coat. Even legendary armor is the big shiny, animated trench coat!!!Light and heavy armor alows us create stunning appearance of the character. These two has freedom to choose. But in comparison with them medium armor give us one tool to choose from. Light armor has nice chests, but 3 pants, meduim armor has lots of pants, but few non trench coat chest peice, heavy armor is King.Please, Anet add non trench coat meduim armor in your next +3 updates.

I know it's a gem store item but the Strider's armor looks pretty sweet. (And to be honest that's the only 'thief-like' armor that's I've seen except from Sneakthief)

@"Bladezephyr.5714" said:Dear Anet,

I know you've heard this 1,000 times before, but please give us some better options for medium armor, preferably all the way through the level spectrum. A lot of us don't want to wear coats, and most of what little isn't coats looks pretty awful. As a player who tends to favor medium armor classes, I've previewed every single piece of medium gear, and the only sets that I find appealing really shouldn't be considered medium armor at all: The sneakthief and assassin's sets. The Brigandine sets and Ascalonian Sentry are the right idea, but their styling is a bit lacking (for my taste). We need more waistcoats, doublets, and (tailless!) jerkins. Please!

i would like more option to medium armor too :P anyway, these are my medium armor characters :) i quite like them

DIaTtz6.jpg

@Talindra.4958 said:

@"Bladezephyr.5714" said:Dear Anet,

I know you've heard this 1,000 times before, but please give us some better options for medium armor, preferably all the way through the level spectrum. A lot of us don't want to wear coats, and most of what little isn't coats looks pretty awful. As a player who tends to favor medium armor classes, I've previewed every single piece of medium gear, and the only sets that I find appealing really shouldn't be considered medium armor at all: The sneakthief and assassin's sets. The Brigandine sets and Ascalonian Sentry are the right idea, but their styling is a bit lacking (for my taste). We need more waistcoats, doublets, and (tailless!) jerkins. Please!

i would like more option to medium armor too :P anyway, these are my medium armor characters :) i quite like them

DIaTtz6.jpg

What a surprising coincidence! My medium characters pretty much all wear the same tops as yours! :)

Although my sylvari ranger prefers her Tier 2 cultural armour.

@Bladezephyr.5714 said:

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:I don't want to wear anything that isn't a simple short sleeve with pants.I don't want to dress like if I went into a fight I would die instantly from a rouge bullet/arrow/dagger/kunai/whatever because I was too bare.

Right... that's a big part of my complaint too. While the skimpy armors look nice, they are not class-realistic.

To be fair, few of the heavy armors are realistic either. You would be hard-pressed to maneuver effectively in many (if not most) of them.

All the medium armor, excluding that mentioned as being somewhat different by the OP, looks like someone took a carpet and a pair of scissors...terrible-ugly and same same boring. Especially for norn. So perhaps take some inspiration from light leather armor/light chain from other sources...look around, please. There are better designs.

Archived