Lightning flash should stunbreak

Negativity.5801

I'd prefer 1200 range, like all other utility teleports have. Mesmer blink is 1200 range while having a stunbreak and 10 seconds less cd, while thief shadowstep has 10 sec more cd, but gets a stunbreak, a condi cleanse and can teleport you back to your original location with 1200 range. The damage that mediocre damage that lightning flash does is no way worth it compared to these skills.

But yeah, I know. The classes aren't the same and you can't compare skills in a vaccum. Well, if we remove the vaccum ele is underperforming in competitive modes, so I don't think this is an excuse at this point.

@Ganathar.4956 said:I'd prefer 1200 range, like all other utility teleports have. Mesmer blink is 1200 range while having a stunbreak and 10 seconds less cd, while thief shadowstep has 10 sec more cd, but gets a stunbreak, a condi cleanse and can teleport you back to your original location with 1200 range. The damage that mediocre damage that lightning flash does is no way worth it compared to these skills.

But yeah, I know. The classes aren't the same and you can't compare skills in a vaccum. Well, if we remove the vaccum ele is underperforming in competitive modes, so I don't think this is an excuse at this point.

I agree, it needs something. Damage alone doesn't warrant it being inferior to every other teleport in the game.

Let's see what those skills have in common

• Stun break (not for ele)
  • Bonus property (damage for ele, low cd for mes, condi cleanse + additional stun break for thief)
  • 1200 range (900 for ele)

It's obvious the elementalist counterpart is sorely lacking. The stunbreak should return, and the damage portion should be an actual aoe (3 targets). While making it universal 1200 range sounds tempting, I think it'd be too much tbh.

As a general rule, ele has very weak utility skills.

Presumably because it has more weapon skills? but that isn't a reason that holds water as those extra weapon skills are its class mechanic. And arguably a worse class mechanic than many others, such as illusions and shatters.

fwiw, cleansing fire probably needs its stunbreak back too. Or should cure more conditions, or shorter cooldown, or something. Compare to: contemplation of purity, smite condition, signet of agility, etc

@reikken.4961 said:As a general rule, ele has very weak utility skills.

Presumably because it has more weapon skills? but that isn't a reason that holds water as those extra weapon skills are its class mechanic. And arguably a worse class mechanic than many others, such as illusions and shatters.

fwiw, cleansing fire probably needs its stunbreak back too. Or should cure more conditions, or shorter cooldown, or something. Compare to: contemplation of purity, smite condition, signet of agility, etc

It should be the direct opposite, because ele has weak armor it should have strong utility. God knows what the profession designers are trying to achieve with eles, total mess at the moment (bruiser with low armor and utility or a kiter) So frustrating for players who only play Ele, Do they even have a coherent vision?

@reikken.4961 said:fwiw, cleansing fire probably needs its stunbreak back too. Or should cure more conditions, or shorter cooldown, or something. Compare to: contemplation of purity, smite condition, signet of agility, etc

Agreed. The amount of condi spam has evolved since release yet Cleansing Fire has not been touched. Not to mention Signet of Water's measly passive 1 condi cleanse every 10 seconds and it's horrible active effect is not even used in any game mode. Either Cleansing Fire or Signet of Water needs to cleanse/convert all condis. In addition, I wish Anet would update Signet of Restoration's Active effect as well.

Or better yet though highly unlikely, reduce the amount of condi application overall and bring down other utilitites' effects to the same level as Cleansing Fire. So yeah, as much as people hate powercreep there's nothing we can do about it if Anet's the one promoting it themselves.

Archived