Inconsistency in Trophy items

Cyprien.4208

I understand why collections aren't auto added to junk sold incase someone doesn't have the collect unlocked however why does some collection items list the fact it's only value as a collect item while others aren't?

"This item only has value as part of a collection." is shown onAetherblade MaterialsMagnanimous Obsidian CrystalRisen Bull Shark ToothRock Drake Broodmother Scale

"This item only has value as part of a collection." is missing fromHeimdahl's Stand Runestone RubbingTimeworn Forgotten ParchmentIcy RimeGarden Protector (Karama Bought)

There are a lot of inconsistencies in collection trophies. The one that annoys me most is typing out the name to delete it. I really, really like the direction they've taken in the Aurora collection. The trophies can be salvaged for unbound magic. I would love for them to go back and make all trophies either sellable or salvagable. I know it's not a high priority, but it's so pervasive that I think it would be a really nice QoL change.

It's inconsistent because ANet didn't (and perhaps does not) have a "gatekeeper" whose job it is to make sure that people follow standard practices regarding item creation (and, you know, that there is a standard practice). It's an expensive resource in two ways: that person isn't working on fixing bugs or creating new stuff and they slow down everyone else, by ensuring that new stuff fits the standards. In some industries, it's essential (e.g. finance); in some, it's a luxury that management usually doesn't choose to afford (start-ups, gaming).

@Shaaba.5672 said:There are a lot of inconsistencies in collection trophies. The one that annoys me most is typing out the name to delete it. I really, really like the direction they've taken in the Aurora collection. The trophies can be salvaged for unbound magic. I would love for them to go back and make all trophies either sellable or salvagable. I know it's not a high priority, but it's so pervasive that I think it would be a really nice QoL change.

I would LOVE some way to Salvage Collection Trophies.

Archived