A little confusion about legendaries

Ashura.7092

Hi all,I've found in the wiki pages the recipes to make legendary weapons. Then, yesterday, I've seen some achievements regarding legendary weapons...My question is: are recipe and achievement related? I mean, to do a leggy weapon you have to complete also the related achievements ?

The recipe for a legendary requires 3 gifts and a precursor. Each gift is again a recipe (requiring items that are rewarded for e.g. world completion and WvW tracks). The precursor is a specific weapon skin. There are four ways to get it1: Buy it on the trading post2: gamble rare and or exotic weapons in the mystic forge3: Be extremely lucky and have it as a drop4: Each precursor of the core game (as released at launch) can be crafted once per account. For this they use the achievement collections to unlock it. IThink you saw that

So it is optional, but it is considered a cheap way to get it doen.

For the later released legendaries it is no longer optional and the only way to get the desired precursor.

I'm not sure how much you know about the process, but here's a quick rundown of how legendary crafting works:

For first generation legendaries, the precursor may either be crafted, purchased from other players on the trading post, or found as an extremely rare drop. All legendary precursors from HoT and afterward must be crafted.

The first step toward crafting a precursor involves unlocking a collection. This is done simply by purchasing "Vol. 1" for the precursor you wish to craft from Grandmaster Craftsman Hobbs in the crafting area of Lion's Arch. Once the first collection is unlocked, you simply open your legendary collections tab (under achievements in the hero panel) to view the requirements. Each objective bears a hint indicating where it may be found (e.g. The hint for Vol. 1 would be "Purchased from Grandmaster Craftsman Hobbs.").

Once the first collection is complete, return to Hobbs and purchase Vol. 2. The process repeats this way until all of the collections are completed. At this point you will have your completed legendary precursor. There are no collections from that point on. You simply need to acquire the items needed to craft the legendary. This involves a bit of everything: WvW reward track, open world map completion, another huge materials sink, and so on. Finally, once you have the 4 items you need, you toss them into the mystic forge and out pops your legendary weapon!

Archived