Marksman Minor Traits.

Sandzibar.5134

These are lacklustre and to be honest... complete dog sheet.2sec cripple? lol.a single hit gets to crit? lol.

Can we get the Mirage dev to rework them into something ludicrously overpowered pls Anet?

How about opening strike is unblockable, stuns, heals for 4k and stealths? Seems inline with your current design rationale.

Much love.

All it really needs is a refresh on every grandmaster trait. One would think they would add that after giving Revenant what's basically the same mechanic and a refresh from a single trait. Something along the lines of refresh on stealth from Lead the Wind and refresh when applying cc (with an icd) for Predator's Onslaught.

I'd also like a damage modifier against foes with vulnerability to replace the minor trait that cripples.

@"Eleazar.9478" said:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/20929/can-we-get-some-slight-changes-pvp-focus#latest

Wonderouswall has a really really good suggestion

Not a big fan. I don't think they should make traits that activates their own benefit, they should synergise with other traits and aspects of the game. I also don't think all GM traits should re-apply opening strike. It's good we have a trait that specialize on that area. I do think they should make opening strike not a one time thing for none remorseless builds and I think it should be part of the minors. alpha focus should be part of the opening strike minor, precise strike should be the second minor, last minor should refresh opening strike on stealth(the very old version of remorseless). It makes sense thematically, it makes sense mechanically(stealth is key factor in the ranger play style) it's simple and quite balance.

@LughLongArm.5460 said:

@"Eleazar.9478" said:

Wonderouswall has a really really good suggestion

I also don't think all GM traits should re-apply opening strike. It's good we have a trait that specialize on that area. I do think they should make opening strike not a one time thing for none remorseless builds and I think it should be part of the minors.

Remorseless still stays as the the trait that enhances opening strike, it still remains the trait for one hit burst builds.

"Good to have a trait that specialize".. Eh, it still does? It's good to have three minor traits that are equally effective with all three grandmasters. It's simplier and just as balanced. Making a minor that only refresh opening strike on stealth is stupidly limited as far as builds go.

But then again, ideas that just keep gimping the class seem to be popular on these forums.

Had the same problem before these expansions. A minor trait is set in stone when you go in that line. It should synergize without any type of condition play. Right now marksmanship reapplication of minor rely heavily on remorseless to proc.

Imagine that for a sec... a minor relies on a grandmaster to reapply itself.

@"Miles Smiles.8951" said:Like I mained powa ranger since 2013 till HoT and I always said that was a terrible mechanic, and now they give more of that boloney to revenant, feelscursedman

No, they didn't give you more of that boloney. The boloney is the fact it requires one specific grandmaster trait out three grandmaster traits to do anything significant. They gave you a similiar mechanic with a refresh within the trait itself. Which is one solution to the Marksmanship "boloney", the other being a refresh from all the grandmaster instead of just one.

Archived